View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr481 View Post
Dear lady, an MV-22 Osprey is a tilt-rotor aircraft... much better to get in and out of trouble (and haul the butts of GD trouble makers out of.. can only carry one person on the Harrier, me, ye ol' flyboy) ... As for being the .50 gunner on the ramp.. an MV-22 has a ramp that people can run aboard, fleeing from whatever danger they get themselves into and that I have to bail them out ... and when they're not doing that.. I have someone sitting behind Ma Deuce.. shooting at anyone and anything (Just ask Tmac.. as I've ventilated the funnel many times)...
TANNOY: SSR - What is the range of you MV-22?
Would you please contact the bridge and let me know - and if you can carry an inflatable fuel bladder to extend that range? It probably won't be sufficient, but if so we could fly out of Invercargill and be back in next to no time. We can work on the fine details, but it is also probable that we can refuel in McMurdo by arrangement. Thanx, Tom.

On second thought, report to the bridge, I think I've got some of your favorite cold ones stashed in the chartroom fridge.