View Single Post
Old 15th May 2024, 15:31

A good read Harry - Thank heaven's someone else's still alive here.

Can't comment on Ethiopia although know the red sea well enough not to want to be there. Three years taking the Shah's oil to Eilat. I am surprised by the shoeless grave-digger I thought we were in good odour with the Lion of Judah.

As GYXD did 'control' a distress. Mohamedia in 1975 (I read 15.20N 47.07,5E). Barely that. A French warship was already picking up survivors but for whatever reason she did not communicate directly on MF. She conversed with Djibouti and Djiboiuti with me on 8 MHz. I relayed as appropriate on 500 (also to Aquabaradio who kept telling me how many cows there were on board when we were asking about SOB). We left the site just as the water was overtopping a hatchcoming. Livestock all about. The crew were getting into the water from lifeboat in threes or fours and he warship was sailing passed with a scramble net rigged which they caught on the way passed. At the time we were told that all had been saved but later reports (much later) say I soul lost.

84. Well done. And still thinking of fat ladies (or would that be Fat Ladies). I have no intention of doing that well.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan