View Single Post
Old 19th May 2024, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
Harry, I understand she was Saudi flag. There are some details on a site www.wrecksite.eu that says she 'took water after a rivet failure'.

As I remember it we were in sight of land but whether the animals had the navigational skills to try for it I don't know. Suspect they were all lost (perhaps the French scooped up one or two for Le Barbie-queue).

(I have been called luddite when it comes to slapping silicon based engineering to things that don't need it but not when it comes to immunisation. I eagerly await my next. Just because the likelihood of me making 84 is low it does not mean that I would willingly make it lower - my nephew is threatening a visit despite being discouraged, I have just about finished welding the stair rods in place in the hope this offers some immunity from nephew reporting death of uncle from a stair-carpet related fatality - from the advocate with will in hand).
Well, Varley, thanks for the detail on the bovines. Perhaps they would prefer to join the lost mariners of history, rather than stand in line before the bored, black-eyed hallal butcher and his nasty blade. I know I would.
My latest jab went well, as did the memsahib's. Slight long-arm stiffness only (short-arm stiffness quite absent). In a couple of weeks I'll make 86, but have no stair rods in this bungalow.
Meanwhile, the transplanted leeks look perky enough. Last year's were poor things. We hope for better times (so says the motto on the Shanks family blazon of arms...they manufactured lavatory porcelain, if I remember correctly).

Keep smiling through.

Harry