Thread: Blocking Forums
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 21:42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
So what you're saying is we either like it or lump it ?

Well at least that's a fair comment.

Although what this has got to do with Shipping History has got me pretty much beat.
Bob

I am not saying like it or lump it, just pointing out that with so few other threads. the Shipping Industry News looks far worse than it really is.

Actually, cruising IS Shipping History. Cruising has been around for years. The 1948 built Caronia was a full time cruise ship if memory serves me right, and the former Stockholm built in the same year is still going strong under different guises, the oldest cruise ship in the world as far as I am aware, so plenrty of history there. And I could find many others with nautical history cruising and otherwise. I worked on one, the 1954 built Arcadia when she was a full time cruise ship. You can read my article here on Shipping History about Arcadia in the P&O forum.

Perhaps we could open this thread up a bit such as what is it that some members dislike so much about cruising. Also, perhaps members could give us some idea what they would like to see. Like I say, we are still building this site, so appreciate comments good and bad.