View Single Post
Old 17th September 2017, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Alexander View Post
Winter in Oz?? Try here in Canada -- Northern Manitoba in February -- sometimes -57 F -- enough to freeze the acid in the car battery - even with the block heater plugged in. Then there's the square wheels where the car has sat overnight and the flat spots on the tires take awhile to get pliable again. Then again, before the heater/defroster has warmed up and you have a couple of people in the car, you need to scrape the frost off the inside of the windshield as well as the outside.

Welcome back, however -- I'm sure we can find something for you to do other than nothing! What do you fancy. (Red's livestock is off limits by the way.)
Pennsylvanian winters could be fairly robust, but not as brutal as yours Tom. I found that if I had been involved in a late night drinking session with the lads, I could de-ice the inside of my truck windows just by breathing on them. It was always a bit of a hassle to find that the heater controls had frozen solid over night, too. One of my mates used to put lighted candles across the bottom of the windscreen, sticking the melted bases onto the top of the dash board. His truck looked like a mobile birthday cake.