Go Back   Shipping History > Miscellaneous/Other forum Issues > Computers and The Internet

Help wanted please

Old 8th May 2017, 16:38

Help wanted please

I have typed a couple of posts and the following has happened. I prereview my post and no problem. I hit the post button/submit new thread and am informed I am not logged on.

I log on once more only to find my post has been lost and I am looking at an empty screen; consequently, I have to start from scratch and write out the post again.

The first time I thought maybe I had taken too long to write the post, but the next time it happened It only took about ten minuets and I was logged out again.

I have found a solution by writing a post in draft form on my g mail site and then opening a reply to thread on site and immediately copy and paste and transfer from g mail to the reply to thread/post thread on site.

Now either I am doing something wrong or the time lag in posting is way to short. I'd really like some advise on this.

Thanks. Rodney
Old 8th May 2017, 18:53
Administrator

Do you tick/check the remember me box when logging-in? Ticking/checking that could solve this...or it maybe a web browser setting that needs adjusting, probably related to cookies being cleared.
cheers,
Andy
Old 9th May 2017, 06:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I have typed a couple of posts and the following has happened. I prereview my post and no problem. I hit the post button/submit new thread and am informed I am not logged on.

I log on once more only to find my post has been lost and I am looking at an empty screen; consequently, I have to start from scratch and write out the post again.

The first time I thought maybe I had taken too long to write the post, but the next time it happened It only took about ten minuets and I was logged out again.

I have found a solution by writing a post in draft form on my g mail site and then opening a reply to thread on site and immediately copy and paste and transfer from g mail to the reply to thread/post thread on site.

Now either I am doing something wrong or the time lag in posting is way to short. I'd really like some advise on this.

Thanks. Rodney
Hi! Rodney,

I've had the same thing and was considering doing much the same sort of thing that you have. Really frustrating, but usually only hapens if I have taken some time away searching for something else on the "net".
Old 9th May 2017, 16:29

Andy, No I never clicked on "remember me," I didn't know what the box was for (still don't), however I signed off and came back on the site and clicked the box "remember me" and will so do in future (how's that for blind obedience?). Thank you.

Tom, No I never left the page, just wrote the post, reviewed, been told I have logged out, logged back on and found out I had lost the work and am now the proud owner of a blank page. As stated I will test with this post as I've first written it on g- mail as a back up. If there at no further comments it means this post was posted with no problems as it was supposed to do and Andy's suggestion worked.

Thanks y'all. Rodney (It worked, no problem)
Old 10th May 2017, 09:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Andy, No I never clicked on "remember me," I didn't know what the box was for (still don't), however I signed off and came back on the site and clicked the box "remember me" and will so do in future (how's that for blind obedience?). Thank you.

Tom, No I never left the page, just wrote the post, reviewed, been told I have logged out, logged back on and found out I had lost the work and am now the proud owner of a blank page. As stated I will test with this post as I've first written it on g- mail as a back up. If there at no further comments it means this post was posted with no problems as it was supposed to do and Andy's suggestion worked.

Thanks y'all. Rodney (It worked, no problem)
The remember me box being ticked means you don't have to log-in with your username and password every time you come here It also helps prevent getting logged-out if you're viewing something for a long period of time.
Unless you use a public computer, such as in a library, we strongly urge all members to tick ('check' for Americans) the remember me box.
Old 10th May 2017, 09:54

I tend to log out of everything when I move away from the computer. It's just a force of habit and training. It can be a nuisance but it is a hard habit to break, especially when you're not really sure you want to.