Go Back   Shipping History > Swinging The Lamp (Off Topic) > Health Issues

Who want's to join me in embarassment?

Old 24th October 2017, 09:25

It's not flab ..... it's emergency rations .....
Old 25th October 2017, 00:19

#101. Thank you for that straw. If I can waddle over in that direction I will clutch it.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan
Old 4th November 2017, 17:30

See #1 for udate (three weeks readings, sorry).

Expected this week to be worse. Big breakfast on Sunday, Pie and mash choo-choo train night out Thursday. Pleasant surprise to see lower than last week in weight. Not so with BP but still OK.
Old 5th November 2017, 22:45

live for today David. Tomorrows not promised. I eat well on a Sunday too. days weight redustion and pile it all back on Sundays.....LOL
Old 13th November 2017, 12:12

#1 for update. See what following your advice has done Sir W. 2 lbs up on the week. But the week full of entertainment. Father spoke to me again on Friday from beyond the grave (as usual forecasting stress failure in his dress trousers). Maybe the hair paint going up the nose (and coming back down again every blow until Sunday PM)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redbeard.jpg (127.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 19th November 2017, 18:47

#1 for update. Perhaps not Sir W's recipe as put on another two pounds. Stopping the cheese. BP OK.
Old 19th November 2017, 23:01

Varley ... at this rate you're going to hit the Chandrasekhar limit by Xmas ... bear in mind the sh1t really hits the fan then ....
Old 26th November 2017, 10:35

But at least that would resolve the waistband issue, Bob. Still bad on the knees I suppose (I wonder if the legs would stick out from a naked singularity - a concept to certainly frighten the horses - that would also have to shape the trajectory of your faecal forecastscape).

Down a pound this week. Surprising when accounting for the huge portions at 'Just Pizza and Pasta' on Tuesday night along with the two or three pints that were had around them.
Old 26th November 2017, 14:08

Have you tried googling about low histamine foods and diets. There is plently on internet about them.
Old 2nd December 2017, 16:29

Cataract. Recently noticed my left eye turning cloudy. Optician (eye test) confirmed the problem. Just advised I get back in touch if it worsens. How bad does it have to get before something is done about it ?. I drive, but have no problems yet.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball44 View Post
Cataract. Recently noticed my left eye turning cloudy. Optician (eye test) confirmed the problem. Just advised I get back in touch if it worsens. How bad does it have to get before something is done about it ?. I drive, but have no problems yet.
I have had both eyes done, after letting it get so bad it really legged me down, I gave up driving due to ... well, fear really, which is not good. I had one done then the other after a pause, if I had known that it is less of a fear and faff than going to have a dental checkup ( and I am good with dentists), I would have had it done six months earlier. It came on very fast with me, others report a different experience. As soon as they will do it, get it done.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer John View Post
I have had both eyes done, after letting it get so bad it really legged me down, I gave up driving due to ... well, fear really, which is not good. I had one done then the other after a pause, if I had known that it is less of a fear and faff than going to have a dental checkup ( and I am good with dentists), I would have had it done six months earlier. It came on very fast with me, others report a different experience. As soon as they will do it, get it done.
Did you have yours done on the NHS ?. I heard they keep you on the waiting list fore quite some time. If it gets to the point that it affects my driving I will have to check going private out.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:50

#1. Another week when I have gone up from a small improvement last.

The extra meal on Friday was feast so at least I have a reason. Only one more lunch before the new year so despite the season of excess a meal short of the carte du jour may help.

(No, Lucy, sounds too faddish for me but thanks for the tip, perhaps if I get desperate).
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball44 View Post
Did you have yours done on the NHS ?. I heard they keep you on the waiting list fore quite some time. If it gets to the point that it affects my driving I will have to check going private out.
Yes, I did, 6 weeks waiting and then another 4 weeks. The second eye was done by a roving band of operators from somewhere down South, they were there for the day and couldn't find anything, had no alternatives to Penicillin based antibiotics and one or two other glitches, but the surgeon was quick, sure and inspired confidence. A good experience all round, slight feeling of bewilderment as to why a bunch of people were moving round doing this, the first one was done by local people.
Old 3rd December 2017, 09:31

Quote:
Yes, I did, 6 weeks waiting and then another 4 weeks. The second eye was done by a roving band of operators from somewhere down South, they were there for the day and couldn't find anything, had no alternatives to Penicillin based antibiotics and one or two other glitches, but the surgeon was quick, sure and inspired confidence. A good experience all round, slight feeling of bewilderment as to why a bunch of people were moving round doing this, the first one was done by local people.
Thanks for that. So who did you approach first to get referred for surgery, your doctor or optician ?.
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:04

Went to specsavers, they sent a note to my doctor, visit to her and then the rest of the paperwork took up most of the waiting time. I will say that we are well served, the only thing that took ages was getting any help with mental health, my doctor had to fight tooth and nail for about 2 years. Job sorted once I got the treatment.
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:36

Quote:
Went to specsavers, they sent a note to my doctor, visit to her and then the rest of the paperwork took up most of the waiting time. I will say that we are well served, the only thing that took ages was getting any help with mental health, my doctor had to fight tooth and nail for about 2 years. Job sorted once I got the treatment.
I will go back to my optician then (ASDA). And ask if they let my doctor know about it.
Old 14th January 2018, 18:04

#1 for update. H3N2 helped me take off (for how long?) the extra put on over Christmas! Two days brewing it up (in time to pull out of N-Y treat.Three days on marmite toast. An unwise choice of curry for the first proper meal. Thereafter rapidly back to normal. Stayed quarantined until 7th.

Hurrah for the vaccine. Friends without either still horses of combat or took much longer recovering.
Old 17th February 2018, 17:11

#1 for update. Sorry for not entering the last 5 until today. A new regime (up earlier and out and about earlier too) thought it had done wonders last week (which included 6 pints on Sunday) but a little indulgence in cheese and two pies this week seem to have made a nonsense of that assessment!

Have had sore in moth for three weeks. Saw Dr. on Tuesday and he is treating it as atypical thrush. Medication so far (Saturday) seems ineffective.

Also had rash on arm, hopefully snagged now, another hed one starting at around the same time out down to post viral rash (not sure that isn't simply a rash christened after whatever the patient had last time he called - post ingrowing toenail rash, post ear syringing rash etc.) mine seemed to coincide with something innoculated from biting things on visiting dogs rather before the 'flu started.

Last edited by Varley; 17th February 2018 at 17:16.
Old 16th June 2018, 13:42

#1 for a very tardy and incomplete update.

Rash cleared after ointmenting. Mouth thing has gone for the present (despite medic sending me for urgent oral consult. Quite disconcerting when, having had to decline initial and very immediate appointment, said consultant has one 'phoned to see if an even earlier one can be arranged). This may come back in winter as he puts it down to being a mouth breather and the palate drying out. Excellent medicine prescribed. Sips of water. I didn't know it could be taken internally.
Old 18th June 2018, 17:26

Surely, the water doesn't have to sipped neat? A little drop of 'something sensible' could do no harm could it?
Old 18th June 2018, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
#1 for a very tardy and incomplete update.

Rash cleared after ointmenting. Mouth thing has gone for the present (despite medic sending me for urgent oral consult. Quite disconcerting when, having had to decline initial and very immediate appointment, said consultant has one 'phoned to see if an even earlier one can be arranged). This may come back in winter as he puts it down to being a mouth breather and the palate drying out. Excellent medicine prescribed. Sips of water. I didn't know it could be taken internally.
Most likely send you to the 'Maxillofacial Clinic' to check your oral problem out. Could take a bit from inside your mouth for testing. I had it done two years ago. Told me what it was but I forget due to the long medical name for the condition. Just tapped me on the back and advised me not to Google it because it will only get me worried when I shouldn't be.
Old 19th June 2018, 00:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGouldrick View Post
Surely, the water doesn't have to sipped neat? A little drop of 'something sensible' could do no harm could it?
What a good idea (although I did tell the consultant what else I drank and he suggested politely that they would recommend that I didn't - unlike the one that shoved the camera up my arse who recommended the same, but lacked the same good manners).
Old 20th June 2018, 23:01

What model was it, Varley? I favour Nikon, but many use Canon.

I do agree, shoving it up anyone's arse is a little outside the normal give and take of social intercourse.
Old 21st June 2018, 11:41

Good point, FJ, I think it was one of those modern ones that interface with the Smartphone. Either that or he was actually having the thing answered for him during the process for some other reason!

(Adding a little something of Proof to it on the bedside table would prevent the water going off wouldn't it?)