Go Back   Shipping History > Shipping Discussion > Mess Deck

virtual crazy gang, part II

Old 26th April 2017, 06:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla View Post
Don't touch the stuff.
Here in the Colonies we only have Vegemite as you well know. Vegemite was stocked up in plenty in Tahiti but had to use some chips off a gold bar ex the Polish sub (hope no one will notice). It does seem, however, that few here on GD are likely to use Vegemite. Plenty time left on the 'use by date' however. Must keep up my salt levels here in the heat of the ER nevertheless.
Leave the Marmite for the Motherland. Wouldn't even use it for engineroom lubrication (unlike the RAN on HMASs Canberra and Adelaide). Two useless vessels named after two beautiful but otherwise useless cities.
If you fulfil your threat to visit Melbourne today you won't need your bikini fur lined or not it is 14C rain, hail and freezing south wind. Fur coat more appropriate (fake fur, of course) as we need to protect the rat population.
I use the Marmite, most of the crew from the Motherland use Marmite. As you seem to be the only one to use Vegemite I put it to you that you are the one who replaced the Marmite with Vegemite. (I'm practicing for a spot on Judge Judy )

Lets not mention the Canberra and the Adelaide, two warships not going anywhere soon. Any chance KJU is responsible?

I won't be in Melbourne anytime soon but will be passing through on my way to Hobart in May, I will stay within the confines of the airport so you need have no fear YM.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaAnnT View Post
I'm not fond of either. Can I have peanut butter?
Don't worry Pat, there will be some peanut butter somewhere. Have you tried it on toast with honey, Yum, or banana? I don't recall receiving a memo from the skipper to say that there would be no more peanut butter allowed on the GD.

I think that most of the crew are to old to suffer from a peanut allergy. Seems to be a problem with children born since 1995 not 1925.

If you can smell fried chicken Pat they aren't yours, I have them all safely tucked away. Just between you and me, or should that be you and I? Hmm, anyway I have your chickens safely stowed away in the 2nd funnel, for heavens sake Pat, do not tell Tmac. He seems to be a bit fragile at present and I really don't want to upset him anymore than he already is.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-17 View Post
And what pray would the locals be thinking of us two white women aboard the GD??? The behaviour of one crew member can reflect on all Skipper. (Says the voice of propriety) No doubt you all had a good time, but will you ever be allowed back in Tahiti.

When do we meet up with the polish sub to take on cargo or has the plot been lost?
Pay attention -- we already met up with the Polish sub and transferred the "cargo". The shenanigans in Pape'ete were just a cover up for the operation -- we're not normally like that, are we?? Are we?? Like snakes have armpits? Chickens have lips?? We wouldn't want to head directly for the "drop" so we are doing our usual "cruising" stuff to detract everyone's attention from what we are really dong. (I think!)
Old 26th April 2017, 08:20

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Yes, it was me (or I ?) who stocked up on Vegemite before we left Tahiti. I always take a stash of Vegemite when travelling as sometimes I get the chance to have Americans sample the product. I find that a full teaspoon (neat) produces the best results. In spite of the foregoing it was not me that threw the 17 x 500 ml jars of Marmite over the port rail at 2314 last Monday.
You are probably correct about the DoB for most crew members on the GD although the ages of some are unknown of course.
Speaking of the second funnel, I fear that I have been misled in that regard. I was led to believe that that was where the nubile nymphs, regardless of age, were to be accommodated only to find that it is now full of Pat's chooks (err chickens).
If you stay with the GD there is a fair chance that you will end up in Tassie sooner or later but I am relieved that you will be confined to the airport at Tullamarine whilst in Melbourne.

Last edited by YM-Mundrabilla; 26th April 2017 at 08:22.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:21

Quote:
I give up, surrender, no one takes me seriously around here. billyboy and Mundrabilla are the only ones on, or near to my timeline. Maybe I will move to Iceland, at least that will put me in the vicinity to have a conversation with other crew members at a time when they are posting.

Oh dear, don't worry boys, I will be better tonight, promise. Yust a gurlie moment.
Dear Red, Some time aqo we had a serious discussion about the time differences extant in our space/time continuum on the GD and came to the conclusion that we adopt Golden Dream time -- something lacking in specifics. Please remember that if you are 12 hours away in real time from another poster, thay also have the identical problem of being 12 hours away from you. Perhaps you should come to my quarters, and we can have a discussion on the vagueries we encounter on the GD over some nicely chilled champers??
Old 26th April 2017, 08:28

I have secured the Palm Court Orchestra to play on the Garden Deck, Farmer John, please arrange for the plastic stewards to man the stainless steel bar there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6VG1irsg0

Pats -- it's been a long time since we tripped the light fantastic together, and I wondered if you would honour me with the first dance this evening?
Old 26th April 2017, 08:29

Either way Red-17 we are hours ahead of them..........
Old 26th April 2017, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Alexander View Post
Dear Red, Some time aqo we had a serious discussion about the time differences extant in our space/time continuum on the GD and came to the conclusion that we adopt Golden Dream time -- something lacking in specifics. Please remember that if you are 12 hours away in real time from another poster, thay also have the identical problem of being 12 hours away from you. Perhaps you should come to my quarters, and we can have a discussion on the vagueries we encounter on the GD over some nicely chilled champers??
Dear Tom, you're right, we did have a discussion about time zones. I think maybe I should come and have a chat with you over a glass or three of champers. I am trying, I really am!

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Alexander View Post
I have secured the Palm Court Orchestra to play on the Garden Deck, Farmer John, please arrange for the plastic stewards to man the stainless steel bar there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6VG1irsg0

Pats -- it's been a long time since we tripped the light fantastic together, and I wondered if you would honour me with the first dance this evening?
As I have been hard on Tmac of late maybe he would deign to have a dance with me? Could be fun.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 09:39

I am sure Tmac would love to dance with yu Red-17. juast make sure he washes his hands first though, he's a devil for leaving oily hand prints in strange places.
Old 26th April 2017, 09:44

Quote:
Yes, it was me (or I ?) who stocked up on Vegemite before we left Tahiti. I always take a stash of Vegemite when travelling as sometimes I get the chance to have Americans sample the product. I find that a full teaspoon (neat) produces the best results. In spite of the foregoing it was not me that threw the 17 x 500 ml jars of Marmite over the port rail at 2314 last Monday.
You are probably correct about the DoB for most crew members on the GD although the ages of some are unknown of course.
Speaking of the second funnel, I fear that I have been misled in that regard. I was led to believe that that was where the nubile nymphs, regardless of age, were to be accommodated only to find that it is now full of Pat's chooks (err chickens).
If you stay with the GD there is a fair chance that you will end up in Tassie sooner or later but I am relieved that you will be confined to the airport at Tullamarine whilst in Melbourne.
I knew it! You maybe relieved that I will be stuck in Tullamarine on the way to Hobart but, the day will come YM when I will be in Melbourne. No doubt you will make your way to the Nullarbor to escape me. You can run YM but you can't hide.

Vicki D

Last edited by Red-17; 26th April 2017 at 09:47. Reason: Left something out
Old 26th April 2017, 09:46

[QUOTE=PatriciaAnnT;1148]

Pat, please count your chickens. Two were found on a Sydney train today, they may be yours.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 09:47

Cutouts! go have a rummage in N.3 hold there should be a grand piano down there. get it up near the pool. I have a friend visiting who can give us few tunes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL0h...aMZtEBaWNe2zAy

(used to look after his boat, the Allegro in Newhaven Marina many years ago. Lovely man)
Old 26th April 2017, 10:03

Quote:
I knew it! You maybe relieved that I will be stuck in Tullamarine on the way to Hobart but, the day will come YM when I will be in Melbourne. No doubt you will make your way to the Nullarbor to escape me. You can run YM but you can't hide.
No where to hide at Mundrabilla now as my private train was scrapped after my last trip ....... (another 'benefit' of privatisation).

It might have to be Narvik after all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140429174614_00001(RB).jpg (338.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by YM-Mundrabilla; 26th April 2017 at 10:20.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
I am sure Tmac would love to dance with yu Red-17. juast make sure he washes his hands first though, he's a devil for leaving oily hand prints in strange places.
Thanks billyboy but I think that Tmac should let me know if he wants to have a dance with me. I shall be careful about his hands

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 10:32

I love my Vegemite too Red-17. that Marmite not good for me as it gives me painful joints.
Freshly toasted bread, Queensland Butter, melted cheese with thinly sliced tomato and a spreading of Vegemite....Perfik!
Old 26th April 2017, 10:32

Quote:
No where to hide at Mundrabilla now as my private train was scrapped after my last trip ....... (another 'benefit' of privatisation).

It might have to be Narvik after all.
As I said, you can run but you can't hide.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 10:36

Quote:
As I said, you can run but you can't hide.
Cant do anything about your wind??? go stand by the Lee rail and let it go as quietly as possible and nobody will notice.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:38

Sorry about the latest batch of gripewater folks. Some black gunge got into the mash and for some reason there is taste almost but not properly of marmite which the still hasn't managed to remove (It can't have been anything from the engine room I usually take a dip from the sludge tank).

(Tmac made this still anew for the SH hull. I wonder if it needs 'seasoning').
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 26th April 2017 at 10:40.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
Sorry about the latest batch of gripewater folks. Some black gunge got into the mash and for some reason there is taste almost but not properly of marmite which the still hasn't managed to remove (It can't have been anything from the engine room I usually take a dip from the sludge tank).

(Tmac made this still anew for the SH hull. I wonder if it needs 'seasoning').
Oh YUK! (spit, spit) Varley, I really expect better from you! I know that you know what good liquor is like!

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 11:40

OK guys keep your voices down
n, JUst checked the health records. Seems we are all overdue for our annual check ups and JABS!! So! keep quiet and Sister Eleff might not notice. Couldnt sit down for two days last time she Jabbed me up.and i had to drink with the other hand
Old 26th April 2017, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
OK guys keep your voices down
n, JUst checked the health records. Seems we are all overdue for our annual check ups and JABS!! So! keep quiet and Sister Eleff might not notice. Couldnt sit down for two days last time she Jabbed me up.and i had to drink with the other hand
Please explain.

Vicki D
Old 26th April 2017, 12:19

And you wonder why I am avoiding Red-17?
Old 26th April 2017, 12:34

Jabs

Quote:
Please explain.
all those Jabs. Couldnt lift the glass with my right...had to use my left.
Old 26th April 2017, 12:36

Quote:
And you wonder why I am avoiding Red-17?
she's fair dinkum mate ha ha ha