Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   The Pig & Whistle (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Humour the best of medicine (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=53)

Tom Alexander 9th February 2019 06:33

Management works? I believe this is in the same area as Government Service, Army Intelligence, and English Cuisine. :)

BobClay 9th February 2019 09:56

Hale and Pace comes to mind. "We are … the Management." :big_tongue:

BobClay 10th February 2019 10:33

1 Attachment(s)
The funniest part of this joke is that you have to be of a certain age and above to get it … :eek:

Tom Alexander 11th February 2019 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClay (Post 21696)
The funniest part of this joke is that you have to be of a certain age and above to get it … :eek:

:applause: :applause:

John Rogers 13th February 2019 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClay (Post 21696)

Im old and I dont get it.:huh::huh:

Tom Alexander 14th February 2019 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rogers (Post 21758)
Im old and I dont get it.:huh::huh:

Ah! John -- there is a tape cassette on the operating table with a "hernia" where the tape has come out of the cassette. When that happened we used to use a pencil, eraser end in perhaps best to rewind the cassette so retrieving the tape so it could still be played.

The same technology in general could also be used to rewind VHS or Beta tapes.

BobClay 14th February 2019 08:42

John … you need to get out more …. :big_tongue: :D

Bob Smith 14th February 2019 13:22

You can still buy audio cassette tapes, saw some in Tesco's the other day ... I wonder if they were next to the pencils? :thumb:

BobClay 14th February 2019 13:50

Strange thing, you bought one of those packets of pencils … which made you feel obliged to buy a blank cassette tape …. just in case. :sweat:

John Rogers 14th February 2019 15:20

Thanks Bob. I see it all now.

Farmer John 14th February 2019 15:59

There is something about a cassette, I bought some about 2 years ago, which is silly because I didn't really mean to use them and I have a digital sound recorder that you can plug anything into and anything sensible can plug into it. But the block of 5 neat tapes just looked so appealing.

BobClay 14th February 2019 19:26

I can relate to that. I've got about a gazillion screwdrivers, enough so that if you put them all together it would create a black hole that would suck the guts out of the Universe !! But I bought another the other day because I liked the look of it. :paper:

Could it be …. ?

I'm screwed …. ? :sweat:

erimus 14th February 2019 20:06

An Irishman carrying two rucksacks was pulled aside while waiting to board a plane. When the

officer looked inside, he could see they were full of mobile phones "Why have you got all these phones with you sir?"

He replied " My mate Patrick has just opened a jazz club in New York, and he asked me to bring two saxophones for him"

geoff

BobClay 14th February 2019 20:36

Good job my groan-o-meters have gone to the great big moan in the sky … :sweat:

John Rogers 14th February 2019 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by erimus (Post 21786)
An Irishman carrying two rucksacks was pulled aside while waiting to board a plane. When the

officer looked inside, he could see they were full of mobile phones "Why have you got all these phones with you sir?"

He replied " My mate Patrick has just opened a jazz club in New York, and he asked me to bring two saxophones for him"

geoff

I got that one.:applause:

Varley 15th February 2019 10:44

I think you should pick that meter out of the scrap box and reconnect it. Without it as ballast they're leaking out and causing interference all over the place. I've had to put ferret bedes on anything remotely joke sensitive.

erimus 15th February 2019 11:47

Me and the missus are having a competition on who can steal the most dog related stuff from our local pet shop.

I've just taken the lead.

geoff

BobClay 15th February 2019 12:27

No groan-o-meter should be subjected to that kind of abuse …. :eek::D

Ron Stringer 15th February 2019 13:00

Murphy was carrying two rucksacks was pulled aside while waiting to board a plane. When the officer looked inside, he could see they were full of mobile phones.

"Why have you got all these phones with you sir?" he asked.

Murphy replied, "My mate Patrick has just opened a jazz club in New York and he asked me to bring two saxophones for him."

Stick that in your groan-o-meter and light it.

BobClay 15th February 2019 13:19

10 points off for repetition. (Who didn't read the earlier posts then ? …:big_tongue: )

erimus 15th February 2019 13:20

Ron see post #238 just before you...beat you to it!]
geoff

Engine Serang 15th February 2019 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rogers (Post 21788)
I got that one.:applause:

So did I but were the saxophones tenor or Alto?

Ron Stringer 15th February 2019 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClay (Post 21803)
10 points off for repetition. (Who didn't read the earlier posts then ? …:big_tongue: )

How much earlier Bob? My memory isn't what it was (and it never was great) but I can't recall seeing it here. It was passed on to me by the son of a recently deceased school friend - but I don't think that it was responsible for his death.

Ron Stringer 15th February 2019 17:53

Oh hell, it was only yesterday. Sorry but I missed it somehow.

After logging on I always open up with 'New Posts' and rely on that to show me all the posts that I have never opened before. I thought that was infallible but it would appear maybe that is not so.

erimus 15th February 2019 17:54

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.shippinghistory.com/atta...1&d=1550253221

geoff