Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Varley 27th October 2018 12:15

Thank any non-existent deity for that. Trafalgar Ball last night and in need of immediate treatment for post celebratory infantile behaviour syndrome.

billyboy 27th October 2018 13:12

Not to worry. Tmac has a tub of Blue Unction down below. Gauaranteed to cure Cougs, Sneezes, Pox, Diseases and pimples under your helmet

Varley 27th October 2018 13:19

I read that as she had returned. Moral: Don't do EMAIL when still 'tired'.

I'd sooner take one of the many cures I have been recommended native to Enemy Occupied Hibernia than put any organ of my body to the test of something Tmac has had in Fort Knox, probably intended for two part admixture, for long past its sailing date. And I wouldn't be doing that either!

billyboy 27th October 2018 23:15

Ah Varley dear chap. what you need is the fruit of the Canine Follicle. Here, a Glass of a very old vintage Port laced with a Brandy. Soon have you fit again. Cheers

Tom Alexander 28th October 2018 05:39

TANNOY!!! Bar crawl starts at 00:01 hours --- All ashore, etc. ------- :pint:

Varley 28th October 2018 09:56

Please don't shout. Sir W's elixir has yet to work.

Tmac1720 28th October 2018 10:54

PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPP just testing the fog horn, point of interest, why has Varley jumped to the top of the wheelhouse? he looks a peculiar colour and is making unknown hand signals ????? the lad looks a tad upset, has somebody annoyed him?

Varley 28th October 2018 14:43

I was sending Morse by semaphore. And if you can't guess what I was saying then I will give you a hint. It is to do with your head and the inter-gluteal area of a dead bear.

Tom Alexander 29th October 2018 04:12

SSR ---- on a serious note, if you are within earshot, our condolences for the shootings in Pittsburgh -- how on earth the shooter perceived that a group of people trying to worship their God in their own way could pose a threat to society completely escapes me.

Tmac1720 29th October 2018 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 19211)
I had a Cherry once....Lost it somewhere!

(been busy the last few days. will get back on track soon though)

I seem to remember I ate that after a drunken debacle :pint::pint::cloud:

Farmer John 29th October 2018 16:58

It is good to feel the sea wind through your hair, but I think I will put my trousers back on. I think a bar crawl is best performed well clad.

The little bottle of Maraschinos seems to have been replaced with olives, very strange.

Farmer John 30th October 2018 22:54

Are you all scared by some Olives? I know they could be called a vegetable, but even so...

Or are you all upset because you have finally lost your Cherries...

Tom Alexander 31st October 2018 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 19382)
Are you all scared by some Olives? I know they could be called a vegetable, but even so...

Or are you all upset because you have finally lost your Cherries...

i beg to differ -- Olives are definitely a fruit - not a veggie! Now, Olive's is/are a completely different entity altogether as something belonging to Olive. (Will leave that whatever are/is Olive's completely up to your imagination.) :supercool: :supercool:

YM-Mundrabilla 31st October 2018 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 19385)
i beg to differ -- Olives are definitely a fruit - not a veggie! Now, Olive's is/are a completely different entity altogether as something belonging to Olive. (Will leave that whatever are/is Olive's completely up to your imagination.) :supercool: :supercool:

Leave Olive's things alone. She is already shacked up with Popeye who packs quite a punch especially when he is on the spinach!
:jester:

Tom Alexander 1st November 2018 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla (Post 19387)
Leave Olive's things alone. She is already shacked up with Popeye who packs quite a punch especially when he is on the spinach!
:jester:

Oyle defer to your superior knowledge of the situation. :bounce:

Engine Serang 1st November 2018 08:40

Did you hear about the couple who didn't know the difference between Olive Oil and putty?
All their windows fell out.

Varley 1st November 2018 11:07

Did they try frying with linseed oil?

Engine Serang 2nd November 2018 06:19

The Lamptrimmer or Mr Lampy is slow to issue Linseed Oil. I sometimes think he is sipping it. Billyboy is a regular visitor to the Paint Locker and is none too steady for his return to the Wheelhouse.

Varley 2nd November 2018 09:26

I gather it is good for horses. (Lampy does have a glossy coat but is still farting a lot).

Engine Serang 2nd November 2018 10:59

I suggest Tmac bottles this gas and then we can run the Aft Dk BBQ on it. Little need for HP Sauce as the rib-eyes will have absorbed flavour during cooking. Ozone Layer not harmed------ Result!

billyboy 2nd November 2018 11:16

simply checking our stocks of white gloss and red boot topping ES. I like to have a wee taster too while I am there.

Varley 2nd November 2018 18:54

I think I'll stick to pepper sauce. You mistake mouth-watering with eye-watering.

Dartskipper 2nd November 2018 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 19445)
simply checking our stocks of white gloss and red boot topping ES. I like to have a wee taster too while I am there.

Wasn't Gandhi famous for being a wee taster?

Farmer John 2nd November 2018 22:40

Merciful heavens, colleagues, are we drifting in a morass of feculence?

I am only asking because the water in the canal is not a well respected beverage, and I am not sure, we must have got through the last of it now.

Tom Alexander 3rd November 2018 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 19458)
Merciful heavens, colleagues, are we drifting in a morass of feculence?

I am only asking because the water in the canal is not a well respected beverage, and I am not sure, we must have got through the last of it now.

We have been through for a couple of days now -- berthed in Panama City at the South end of the Canal. Precise position is under the dried on ketchup splotch on the chart.

The only water allowed to be consumed is in a frozen cubic form at the bottom of a glass of something with an alcohol content >50% proof spirits. (The best way to keep Beri-Beri at bay.) :pint:

Varley 3rd November 2018 09:54

Well, he wisnae all that tall but we mustn't be heightest.

billyboy 3rd November 2018 11:18

Large malt for me plese Tom

Engine Serang 3rd November 2018 16:14

Best chicken beri--beri is to be had in Lorenco Marques, circa 1971.

Engine Serang 4th November 2018 05:43

Your bloody feculence is blocking the primary cooler for the potin still and causing Tmac to hyperventilate and burst into tears. If production dwindles we will be in a rite state.
Having difficulty down below controlling the blubberer, where the hell is our medical back-up.

Tom Alexander 4th November 2018 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 19491)
Your bloody feculence is blocking the primary cooler for the potin still and causing Tmac to hyperventilate and burst into tears. If production dwindles we will be in a rite state.
Having difficulty down below controlling the blubberer, where the hell is our medical back-up.

The injuneering department should not have to rely on the deck department advising to connect Tmac's posterior orifice to the potin still circulation system and thus forcing a back flow to dislodge the offending feculation. End of tears, end of discomfort and ready for the next dose of Black Bush from the Header Tank faithfully maintained by said deckies.

Sup up, lads. :pint:

Varley 4th November 2018 09:44

I know it is a risky way of clearing a blockage but with E-S on beri beri vindaloo and Tmac forcefeeding Lampy with linseed oil then just one small spark should do an awful lot of shifting.

If the feculation itself doesn't shift then whatever it was blocking certainly will.

(Is there a non return valve or blow out preventer on the BB/voice pipe?)

Engine Serang 4th November 2018 11:59

No blow out preventer but Red Adair is on contract at 6 hours notice. Ginger Rodgers will accompany him and will entertain the troops whilst Red dances around the Wheelhouse.
You can't beat the old B&W musicals.

Varley 4th November 2018 13:08

I'll take a ticket for that performance despite hating musicals with a passion. Anyway we can't use the voice pipe until Tom's stopped using it for delivering enemas and I'm not sure how keen I will be to put my mouth to the top even then let alone Tmac to put is mouth to the bottom.

Tmac1720 4th November 2018 17:27

Mate of mine once met Red Adair, asked him if he was still dancing with Ginger Rodgers.

Hoi my personal plumbing arrangements are mine, further where I place my ruby lips is entirely of my concern. Personally I shun the use of the voice pipe as all the deck crowd appear to be deaf to the injuneers. My secretary once asked if she could borrow my dictaphone but I told her to use her finger like everybody else...

Farmer John 4th November 2018 17:51

Oh, what has happened to our love of art and our sophisticated discussions about great literature?

Even Tmac, that delightfully erudite craftsman and crayoneer, is making double entendres, despite the fancy I am sure doesn't understand them, innocent that he is.

What about a list of our favourite books and authors, perhaps then we can discuss them?

I will start things off with "learning to love your cat", author, Claude Balls.

Over to you, my sophisticated colleagues .

Tmac1720 4th November 2018 18:27

Currently in my library :-

The Glass Bra by Seymour Diddy
Rusty Bedsprings by I P Nightly
Games you can play with your Pussy by Muff Diver
Do Birds Fart? by Hugh Diddit
Goodbye Testicles by Ivor Bollikov

Farmer John 4th November 2018 20:47

Tmac, I bow to your graceful response to my heartfelt call.

Dartskipper 4th November 2018 21:39

Tmac forgot that classic, " The Pen Is Mighty," by Ivor Biggun.

Engine Serang 4th November 2018 22:04

Oliver Twist by William Shakespeare.

Engine Serang 4th November 2018 22:08

The Tempest by P G Wodehouse.
This is great crack, hours of innocent fun.