Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Varley 23rd January 2019 10:23

We have been warned elsewhere about the difference between fluid phases and the efficacy of non-Artex underwear in place of a cyclone separator. Don't play with matches.

Tmac1720 23rd January 2019 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 21288)
Anyone seen my Urine specimen for sick bay lab?...Left it here in a glass. Strange that should disapear luike that

It's called taking the piss Sire, we are all experts at doing that :jester:

Farmer John 23rd January 2019 14:57

Sir William, leave a bucket out, we will all chip (?) in for your lost specimen.

Do they do a pregnancy test on it?

Dartskipper 23rd January 2019 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 21308)
Sir William, leave a bucket out, we will all chip (?) in for your lost specimen.

Do they do a pregnancy test on it?

That might show up different specific gravities depending on who has imbibed the most alcoholic beverage. Could give the game away. Other than that it could be recycled through the lager dispensing apparatus, nobody would notice the difference, it looks like p and tastes like p anyway.

Farmer John 23rd January 2019 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 21317)
That might show up different specific gravities depending on who has imbibed the most alcoholic beverage. Could give the game away. Other than that it could be recycled through the lager dispensing apparatus, nobody would notice the difference, it looks like p and tastes like p anyway.

If we are very careful, could we get a layered effect? A little food colouring judiciously added after each addition, it could look quite pretty. Me first, baggsey the green.

Dartskipper 23rd January 2019 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 21318)
If we are very careful, could we get a layered effect? A little food colouring judiciously added after each addition, it could look quite pretty. Me first, baggsey the green.

A sort of tequila sunrise without the sunrise, or the tequila.

Tom Alexander 24th January 2019 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 21317)

A sliver of lime on the rim of the bucket and it would look like Corona?

Farmer John 24th January 2019 09:38

A couple of shovels of lime might help.

Tom Alexander 25th January 2019 05:59

We shouldn't let any weed grow under our keel, so suggest we take off for Melbourne (weather nice there at the moment, then Freemantle, and then around the top to Darwin. Of course we could gather on the pool deck to discuss our itinerary over a glass or two. :pint:

YM-Mundrabilla 25th January 2019 07:06

'....Melbourne (weather nice there at the moment....'

Yeah 45 C (113 F) here in Melbourne today 25/1.:sweat::wave:

billyboy 25th January 2019 07:31

I think a pool deck discusion would be modt beneficial to us all Tom. Best invite Tmac up there too though. He needs to know our plans in acvance. Fuel, maintainence ect can be done during alongside times.

Tmac1720 25th January 2019 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla (Post 21350)

Ha !! call that warm? :sweat: the mean temp in the injun room is a comfortable (for injuneers) 130 F and the steam is gently rising from my jock strap. :applause:

Farmer John 25th January 2019 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 21367)
the steam is gently rising from my jock strap. :applause:

Does it go "Chuff, Chuff, Chuff"?

Farmer John 25th January 2019 17:42

And, perhaps, then "Whoo, Whoo, Whoo"!

billyboy 25th January 2019 22:20

Dont knock it FJ. I heard his jock strap was specialy made from an old RN Hamock.

Farmer John 25th January 2019 22:43

Anne Widdicombes old corsets, I heard.

Varley 25th January 2019 23:44

Almost certainly above design ambient temperature - you will have to run your bollocks de-rated. Why on earth do you leave the steam on your underwear if the temperature is that high?

YM-Mundrabilla 26th January 2019 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 21367)
Ha !! call that warm? :sweat: the mean temp in the injun room is a comfortable (for injuneers) 130 F and the steam is gently rising from my jock strap. :applause:

Getting ready for Brexit, perhaps, and returning to 'imperial' units of measurement? :jester:

Tom Alexander 26th January 2019 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla (Post 21350)

Which is why I suggested Melbourne ----- we could be in Churchill up in Hudson's Bay where the current temp is MINUS 35 C (MINUS 51 C with the wind chill factor.) Take your pick!! ;)

Tom Alexander 26th January 2019 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 21375)
Dont knock it FJ. I heard his jock strap was specialy made from an old RN Hamock.

Entertainment this evening in the PAX lounge ----- Jock Strap and his All Elastic Band.. :)

Dartskipper 26th January 2019 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 21379)
Which is why I suggested Melbourne ----- we could be in Churchill up in Hudson's Bay where the current temp is MINUS 35 C (MINUS 51 C with the wind chill factor.) Take your pick!! ;)

Lucky that Chief doesn't have any brass monkeys in his gang. Things would be dropping off all over the injun shack.

Tmac1720 26th January 2019 16:22

I'll have you scurvy lot know that Jock Strap was my journeyman injuneer in Harland and Bluff, taught me everything he knew but feck all about injuneering:jester:

Squeek is highly qualified in brazing so the danger of low temperatures on the bollocks are negated and in any case mine are safely protected by a weather proof and insulated bag.... her name is Tatty Oldbit, the sailors friend. :kiss:

Us injuneers seldom leave our superheated domain where we abide sans clothes, saves a fortune in employing a dhobi wallah and FYI my nether garments produce a frequent and rather satisfying pharrrrrrrt, pharrrrrrrt, pharrrrrrrt sound accompanied on occasion by a rather watery crescendo :thumb:

Varley 26th January 2019 17:19

I am not sure which speciality you need to consult. If you do not have plumbers-lug then you certainly need to have the nose seen to.

Tom Alexander 27th January 2019 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 21381)
Lucky that Chief doesn't have any brass monkeys in his gang. Things would be dropping off all over the injun shack.

I believe we are all aware that the cast iron cannon balls mounted on the triangular brass "monkey" on the deck would, with exposure to freezing temperatures, due to the difference in their thermal coefficient of expansion/contraction roll off the brass monkey. Hence the term "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey".

The term "Cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge", however, is a completely different kettle of fish. :supercool:

Dartskipper 27th January 2019 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 21407)
I believe we are all aware that the cast iron cannon balls mounted on the triangular brass "monkey" on the deck would, with exposure to freezing temperatures, due to the difference in their thermal coefficient of expansion/contraction roll off the brass monkey. Hence the term "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey".

The term "Cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge", however, is a completely different kettle of fish. :supercool:

There are no fish in my kettle. I used a highly efficient descaler.:wink:

Farmer John 27th January 2019 17:44

The story about brass monkeys is a canard, imagine something so ticklish that cold weather had your ammunition rolling round the place.

So, a ticklish canard (or French Duck). I'd go for that. Tmac, are you familiar with Rabelais's discussion as to the best thing to wipe one's ars3 on (given that the answer is a goose's neck you could probably line up more than one person... Oh, you Injuneers will have done that).
I fear that I am rambling...

billyboy 27th January 2019 22:11

No problem with Tmacs Nuts getting loose...by the time he has finished tightening with the big flogging spanner thry are quite secure. and this from a man who has been in climes so cold he was peeing ice cubes...and that was behind the bike sheds at H&W.

billyboy 29th January 2019 12:08

Are we there yet Tom?...LOL

Farmer John 29th January 2019 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 21454)

Just round the next corner, Sir William. How about a game of "Eye Spie"?

Varley 29th January 2019 15:29

I spy with my little eye something beginning with "W".

Engine Serang 29th January 2019 17:11

Wanker????

Varley 29th January 2019 18:15

I was thinking 'wave' or 'water' but I suppose there is less of either about.

Dartskipper 29th January 2019 19:12

Wubber wings?

billyboy 29th January 2019 22:07

Whiskies!!!

Varley 30th January 2019 00:50

Walrus, Whelk, Whale?

Tmac1720 30th January 2019 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varley (Post 21462)
I spy with my little eye something beginning with "W".

wundertaker....

Gentlemen I must again request your indulgence and take a leave of absence to deal with some matters ashore... I am at this moment officially an orphan as my Father has just passed away.

Squeek and Eric will not be going ashore and have been instructed to report to ES until I return.

Death smiles at us all and all a man can do is smile back.

billyboy 30th January 2019 05:40

Sincere Condolences Tom. Take as much shore leave as you need Chief. ES can call on me to help out below if required.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Tom Alexander 30th January 2019 06:16

From one Tom to another, my condolences too. The last little while has not been too kind on you, but we are all with you in spirit. Our turn will come, if it hasn't already. We can but grin and bear it.

YM-Mundrabilla 30th January 2019 06:29

Tmac1720.
Sorry to hear your sad news.
You have had a sad six weeks or so but I am sure that the thoughts and good wishes of the crew of the GD will be of comfort to you and your family.

Tom Alexander 30th January 2019 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 21454)

Gabo Island abeam to starboard -- just heading down into the Bass Strait. Melbourne tomorrow evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwfKoaZRbnM :)