Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Engine Serang 29th June 2017 14:46

Just how wealthy was Lord Finchley?
Was it inherited or did he win the pools?

Varley 29th June 2017 17:49

It's M'Lady that, when done with shocking
Would have kept the purse (for doing shopping
And perhaps, we hear, as gossip from beneath the stair
To bung the artisan, for roly-poly in his van)

If our F's the first ennobled of his line
(Earned in service of the military kind?)
Then such gongs, in times of tension
Often come attached to pension

If our corpse is further down the family tree
It maybe he didn't have a pot for pee
Death duties, being what they are,
He might not have had a motor car.

Tom Alexander 30th June 2017 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 5549)
when we get there I will make a bowline for the bar Farmer John! have to hope we dont pick up a blackwall itch...LOL

I've been through the Blackwall Tunnel lots of times but usually on my motor bike -- never had to 'itch through there. :bye:

billyboy 30th June 2017 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 5578)
I've been through the Blackwall Tunnel lots of times but usually on my motor bike -- never had to 'itch through there. :bye:

Need a Triumph twin for that Tom. Halfway through the tunnel fully retard it foe a few seconds the fully advance it. Scares the crap out of people with the bangs and flames from the exhaust ha ha

Engine Serang 30th June 2017 18:10

We noticed the mess when his Lordship gave gainful employment to the Trotter family.

billyboy 1st July 2017 00:25

THATS IT!! its what this ship needs...."A Del Boy and a Boycie" (already got a couple of rodneys in the catering department).
Hey Tom, Is that land off the Starboard bow moving or are we still cracking on a bit?...seems to be getting closer

Tom Alexander 1st July 2017 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 5618)
THATS IT!! its what this ship needs...."A Del Boy and a Boycie" (already got a couple of rodneys in the catering department).
Hey Tom, Is that land off the Starboard bow moving or are we still cracking on a bit?...seems to be getting closer

That there land is Chinkland -- Hong Kong tomorrow -- have a spot reserved on the Kowloon side. Thought the following place might be of some interest to our cosmopolitan crew. Even Red might be interested in the decor. Sister Eleff also??

"Ned Kelly’s was famously the first Jazz bar in Asia and remains Hong Kong’s oldest bar. If this isn’t enough to draw your interest, it also plays some of the best live music in Hong Kong seven nights a week. Named after the famous Aussie outlaw, you can expect some antipodean touches throughout the dimly lit saloon, such as framed rugby jerseys and posters, but most of all, a carefree, friendly vibe. The house band plays swing jazz every night from 21:00. Find Ned Kelly’s Last Stand on Ashley Road on Ashley Road," :supercool::supercool:

Dartskipper 1st July 2017 09:49

Ned Kelly's, eh? I might be able to blag free drinks all round, as I think he was known to my ancestors. He might have been a friend, or maybe a cousin. On the other hand, he did shoot a policeman by the name of Kennedy.(My family name!)

It was all a very long time ago.

Worth a try though, no guts, no glory.

:pint:

billyboy 1st July 2017 11:13

go for it Dart Skipper. enough of us here to back you up mate.

Dartskipper 1st July 2017 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 5631)
go for it Dart Skipper. enough of us here to back you up mate.

Right then, follow me. Last one to the bar does the washing up!

Tom Alexander 2nd July 2017 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 5661)
Right then, follow me. Last one to the bar does the washing up!

Bar excursion leader buys the first round, though! :pint:

Farmer John 2nd July 2017 09:53

That is very irresponsible,"last one does the washing up", I was here first and I don't mind buying the drinks, and I am sorry about anyone I hurt getting here, you can cheer yourselves up by making jokes about Yorkshiremen never buying drinks. There is some truth in this canard, our manifest superiority means most people are so impressed by this, and of course our natural modesty, that we often drink for free.

My shout, fill 'em up, can you take an IOU? Fair enough, "Please do not ask for credit as a smack in the teeth often offends". Sorry I ducked, the man behind got it.

Take it out of this!

Pile in lads, haven't had a good barney since last time. Don't leave anyone behind, let's scoot to the next bar, sharpish.

billyboy 2nd July 2017 10:43

one rubber band plus one small piece of plastic and.....Boom! next bar then Tom were right behind you mate

Farmer John 2nd July 2017 17:32

Yes Tom, we are behind you, now mind you behave in here, I came for a quiet drink, then you started that fight. Should have more sense.

Tmac1720 2nd July 2017 18:38

Did somebody mention fight?.... injuneer and Irish, great combination....:jester:

Farmer John 2nd July 2017 18:50

Stand forward, Tmac, no-one cares if you have a punch-up in Hong Kong, or am I thinking of Callao 70 years ago? Give 'm hell, we will be down the road when you've done.

Second thoughts, Tmac is our buddy, and he looks after the all the roundy roundy up-and-downy stuff, let's stand behind him and see how it pans out. I'm not leaning on this chair, I'm just about picking it up till the moment crystallises.

Dartskipper 2nd July 2017 19:19

I've been thrown out of plenty of better bars than that one..:shock:

Tmac1720 2nd July 2017 20:06

Good man Farmer John, Just keep you head down when I start to swing the 7llb shifter round my head..... Faugh a Ballagh. :shock:

Tmac1720 2nd July 2017 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 5690)
I've been thrown out of plenty of better bars than that one..:shock:

I've been thrown into better bars than this :jester:

To quote WC Fields "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the good manners to thank her"

billyboy 3rd July 2017 00:55

Right you local lads, make room at the bar for the real men. Oi! who you staring at?... Tom he's staring at you mate!...can I hit him? ... Whoooosh!! thump thud bang.... Oh sorry Tmac didnt realise it was your turn. Made a mess of his head Tmac! heh heh heh

Tom Alexander 3rd July 2017 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 5692)
I've been thrown into better bars than this :jester:

To quote WC Fields "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the good manners to thank her"

I had an acquaintance once who told me his wife drove him to drink. I told him my wife made me walk to the pub! :pint:

Tom Alexander 3rd July 2017 08:02

That last "feller" hit me with his purse -- think he had a 15 inch Stillson in there. I agree to move on -- not very welcome in that last pub. Mind you, I think we came out relatively unscathed -- one black eye, a couple of bruises and scratches -- nothing that our kind and attentive nursing staff can't look after? :)

billyboy 3rd July 2017 10:23

Slow down Tmac we have the entire evening to go yet. Plenty more skulls to crack heh heh

Varley 3rd July 2017 10:43

How dare you call Tmac low down. Just because he beavers in the bowels of GD it doesn't mean he is not in the ranks of the gentlefolk. Respect, plumber, respect!

billyboy 3rd July 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varley (Post 5705)
How dare you call Tmac low down. Just because he beavers in the bowels of GD it doesn't mean he is not in the ranks of the gentlefolk. Respect, plumber, respect!

ha ha..A typo David. I have corrected it now thanks.