Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Tom Alexander 10th August 2017 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 6968)
Do we have any cargoes waiting? It's rather warm in Chittagong.

Farmer John -- Given the supreme attention Tmac gives to comfortable cabin temperatures, it appears that you may have your punka louvres turned incorrectly, or even closed. Tmac previously took right proper 'umbrage when we had a punka walla aboard, so my advice is to tread carefully -- or wrap yourself in a wet towel and stand in front of a fan! :bounce::bounce:

billyboy 10th August 2017 12:34

Wonder whats in those large wooden crates on the quay?? might swing a couple aboard after dark heh heh

Farmer John 10th August 2017 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 7009)
Farmer John -- Given the supreme attention Tmac gives to comfortable cabin temperatures, it appears that you may have your punka louvres turned incorrectly, or even closed. Tmac previously took right proper 'umbrage when we had a punka walla aboard, so my advice is to tread carefully -- or wrap yourself in a wet towel and stand in front of a fan! :bounce::bounce:

Your point is well made, Tom, but it doesn't work for the whole port. Also, my fans prefer me without a wet towel, they go for the large canvas bag look.

Tom Alexander 11th August 2017 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 7019)
Your point is well made, Tom, but it doesn't work for the whole port.

Surely you could find at least one air conditoned bar somewhere in town??

:shock::shock:

billyboy 11th August 2017 13:13

I found an air conditioned bedroom. Found an 14" shifter under the pillow....We been here before?

Tmac1720 11th August 2017 16:38

Attention all crew type persons :-

Any query regarding the cabin temperature, humidity etc are to be referred to the resident HVAC injuneer (Eric the Squirrel) who will do his highly trained best to ignore them. :brain:

It would be appreciated however before logging any complaints about the system operation I suggest you RTFM :smoking:

Tmac1720 11th August 2017 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 7031)
I found an air conditioned bedroom. Found an 14" shifter under the pillow....We been here before?

Many have Sire but few have lived to tell the tale :shock:

Farmer John 11th August 2017 17:44

I wish to state with the utmost clarity, I have nothing but praise for the control of temperature, humidity, barographic pressure, clarity and freedom from particles of any description, fog and mist or any other attributes of the accomodation on this wonderful ship, and I do appreciate that this is due to the hard work, erudition and skill of our wonderful Injuneers.

I just said it is warm in Chittagong, and I submit that climactic statistics back this up. I feel this warmth has been known before I mentioned it.

I feel I should point out that as Chief Steward, I control stocks of many comestibles and consumables, and those who are seeking to make life difficult for me by suggesting that I have complained about anything.

Tom, I expected better of you, that new Avatar of yours is making you over independent.

I hope this resolves any thoughts of my being in any way not contented with anyone.

billyboy 12th August 2017 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 7050)
I wish to state with the utmost clarity, I have nothing but praise for the control of temperature, humidity, barographic pressure, clarity and freedom from particles of any description, fog and mist or any other attributes of the accomodation on this wonderful ship, and I do appreciate that this is due to the hard work, erudition and skill of our wonderful Injuneers.

I just said it is warm in Chittagong, and I submit that climactic statistics back this up. I feel this warmth has been known before I mentioned it.

I feel I should point out that as Chief Steward, I control stocks of many comestibles and consumables, and those who are seeking to make life difficult for me by suggesting that I have complained about anything.

Tom, I expected better of you, that new Avatar of yours is making you over independent.

I hope this resolves any thoughts of my being in any way not contented with anyone.

Ooooo!! did'nt he do well readers. Hmm perhaps promote him to ships Lawter heh heh

Tom Alexander 12th August 2017 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 7057)
Ooooo!! did'nt he do well readers. Hmm perhaps promote him to ships Lawter heh heh

Getting lost in the exuberence of his own verbosity again ---- he has the making of a worthy debating adversary for Varley? :bye:

Tom Alexander 12th August 2017 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 7050)

My Avatar reminds me that there is nothing quite so exhilerating as 16-17 knots in a 15 foot catamaran -------- my body reminds me that such behaviour is no longer a viable source of entertainment!

Hence my begging forgiveness for offending you in any way shape, or form, as I now rely on your well stocked shelves for adjusting my attitude. I think I'll stay off the Black Bush, however, as it can be demonstrated by empirical evidence that a surfeit of that particular liquid just makes one grumpy. :pint:

Tom Alexander 12th August 2017 07:20

Sir William: I am happy to report that somehow those crates on the quay have been quietly stowed under the guise of "settlers' effects" in #4 lower 'tween decks.

With a little bit of luck we may sail at sometime tomorrow. :brain:

billyboy 12th August 2017 09:06

Tom, I have the cut outs creeping around on tip toe sneaking our lines in. we can slip away during the cover of darkness on the electric motors till we cross the harbour bar.
In the meantime I have discovered a rather old bottle which I believe is Rum. from a shipwreck. you might like to join me for a snifter or three. Been in my under bunk locker for a few years.

Farmer John 12th August 2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 7063)
Tom, I have the cut outs creeping around on tip toe sneaking our lines in. we can slip away during the cover of darkness on the electric motors till we cross the harbour bar.
In the meantime I have discovered a rather old bottle which I believe is Rum. from a shipwreck. you might like to join me for a snifter or three. Been in my under bunk locker for a few years.

Sir William, anything that has been under your bunk for years should surely be treated with caution, and very carefully identified before you even lay a finger on the cork. Any labels should be carefully checked, the clarity estimated even if it is in a coloured bottle and then the cork eased out by mechanical manipulators from behind a blast proof screen. I suggest introducing a canary or midshipman or some other valueless beast into the vicinity of the bottle to see if any fumes are dangerous, then a cautious sniff if things seem fine. A test with anything you can lay your hands on (Litmus paper, pH meter, smoke detector) could be applied as a precaution...................

Oh, you and Tom have drunk it. I have a number for the poisons line.

Farmer John 12th August 2017 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 7060)
he has the making of a worthy debating adversary for Varley? :bye:

There is no greater praise, I am not worthy.

billyboy 13th August 2017 00:39

By heck Tom, this stuff was very good, Great after taste and as smooth as a baby's Bottom!

Its Polish, thats the only word I could make out on the label. Been at the bottom af the sea for years it has.

Must have a bit of a hook out in my cupboard and lockers more often. Amazing some of the stuff I find in there.
Found a pink thing with batteries once. The box said better than a man. Threw it away because it couldnt mow the lawn or wash the car.

YM-Mundrabilla 13th August 2017 01:03

Given that you are still aboard can we assume that it was Polish something and not polish or even Polish polish?
We don't need to send for Red and some of her medical devices then?

Tom Alexander 13th August 2017 05:58

[QUOTE=billyboy;7084]Its Polish, thats the only word I could make out on the label. Been at the bottom af the sea for years it has.[QUOTE]

I think that was the instructions -- polish -- give it a good rub -- might still work -- have a good wish ready for wahtever is left in the bottle. :jester::jester:

Tom Alexander 13th August 2017 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 7063)

Slipping our lines and sliding away reminded me of this oldy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dx5QQfWRuU

:):jump:

Farmer John 13th August 2017 11:58

[QUOTE=Tom Alexander;7088]
Quote:

I think that was the instructions -- polish -- give it a good rub -- might still work -- have a good wish ready for wahtever is left in the bottle. :jester::jester:
Necktie of the Gods!

Give it a buff.

Whatever you do, don't ask for an augmentation to the genital region, we haven't got a piano.

Tmac1720 13th August 2017 15:38

Did someone mention a piano?... Can't help there I'm afraid but I have a mighty organ than has played many a good tune :jester:

Incidentully if we are slipping away from port using the electrickery propo...proop...proup.... motors could some kind person remember to pull out the plug from the socket as the cable won't stretch :smoking: Thank you :)

Tom Alexander 14th August 2017 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 7095)
Incidentully if we are slipping away from port using the electrickery propo...proop...proup.... motors could some kind person remember to pull out the plug from the socket as the cable won't stretch :smoking: Thank you :)

Better get the water hose too -- makes a great bungy cord -- don't need to go right back to where we started right away. :bounce_angel:

Farmer John 14th August 2017 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 7100)
Better get the water hose too -- makes a great bungy cord -- don't need to go right back to where we started right away. :bounce_angel:

Looking back in the fog we left, we pretty well stripped the whole place. I think that little policeman's cabin from the dock gates will make a really good greenhouse with minimal modification, and looking at Tmac's last post, I think he got an electric propagator. I'll plant out some good seeds and we'll see what we can grow in Mary's garden. Chittagong, you have done well for us.

Not sure what we will do with all the docker's bicycles, Tmac will think of something.

Tom Alexander 15th August 2017 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 7113)
Chittagong, you have done well for us. Not sure what we will do with all the docker's bicycles, Tmac will think of something.

Probably knock up a bunch of "wheely bins" -- should be able to flog them as new, advanced, easier to move models when we are next in Liverpool. :jump:

billyboy 15th August 2017 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 7116)
Probably knock up a bunch of "wheely bins" -- should be able to flog them as new, advanced, easier to move models when we are next in Liverpool. :jump:

You could be right Tom...Tmacs just gone under the plates with a new box of crayons.