Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Red-17 12th May 2017 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Alexander (Post 2867)
Is that this Wednesday, or next Wednesday?? Thank goodness someone knows how to spell Wednesday. The way people talk nowadays, nobodys knows nothing about nothing. (Which means they must know something about something?)

Someone has left a huge pot of curry bubbling away on the galley stove -- sign says "help yourself". In a rush of self indulgence, I did, and I must admit it was excellent.

Better stay clear of me tomorrow though! :very_sad:

This coming Wednesday Skipper, if I had meant next Wednesday I would have said a week Wednesday or Wednesday after next. If however we were having this conversation this coming Monday I would have said next Wednesday. Are you keeping up with this Tom? .:chuckle::chuckle:

Red-17 12th May 2017 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-17 (Post 2871)
This coming Wednesday Skipper, if I had meant next Wednesday I would have said a week Wednesday or Wednesday after next. If however we were having this conversation this coming Monday I would have said next Wednesday. Are you keeping up with this Tom? .:chuckle::chuckle:

I forgot to say Tom, just in case you were wondering, I am also one of those strange folk who actually pronounce certain words as they are spelt, eg. Battery, Library etc.. and I say again not agen.

If I think of anymore words I will be sure to let you know. :D

Varley 12th May 2017 10:25

Oh wow!. A tabula rasa. If I send you Dr. Johnson's tome you won't have to waste drinking time thinking for words, he has lots of them, all listed in alphabetical order making them easier for one to pick.

And if I find any more of my batriz in the lybri I'll be very crawse.

Red-17 12th May 2017 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varley (Post 2884)
Oh wow!. A tabula rasa. If I send you Dr. Johnson's tome you won't have to waste drinking time thinking for words, he has lots of them, all listed in alphabetical order making them easier for one to pick.

And if I find any more of my batriz in the lybri I'll be very crawse.

You know, I thought you would have a word or three to say about my response to Tom.
Good on You Varli:cool:.

billyboy 12th May 2017 11:16

been as wat i is onerary member of the Golden shifter brigade.
I aint tight sure of wat yous is yakin like.

Oh...My brain hurts. Time for a glass of Nelsons blood methinks.

Red-17 12th May 2017 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2886)
been as wat i is onerary member of the Golden shifter brigade.
I aint tight sure of wat yous is yakin like.

Oh...My brain hurts. Time for a glass of Nelsons blood methinks.

Aw cumon, youse lot are jus tryin to take the mickey outa me.:huh:

billyboy 12th May 2017 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-17 (Post 2891)
Aw cumon, youse lot are jus tryin to take the mickey outa me.:huh:

As if we would do such a thing Red-17.....:thumb::chuckle::jester:

Farmer John 12th May 2017 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-17 (Post 2861)
Is this really a word Farmer John :confused:

The language is my servant and not my master.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

tony allen 12th May 2017 20:05

maybe humpty dumpty is the captain of the golden dreamer

billyboy 13th May 2017 00:12

hey up Tom, broadside incoming mate. heh heh heh.

"Its only words, and words are all i have to take your heart away" (bee Gee's)

billyboy 13th May 2017 00:18

crew

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony allen (Post 2917)

Is the good sir doubting the integrity of my fine crew? All have fine tickets (some bought from Bus companys)
Senior engineers and Navigators are both highly qualified. As for myself, my Psychiatrist (trick cyclist) says I am highly qualified to be an idiot.....LOL:curtain_call:

Red-17 13th May 2017 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer John (Post 2903)
The language is my servant and not my master.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

You are right Farmer John, language is my servant and it behoves me to treat it well.
Perhaps we should sit down with a pint or two of whatever we prefer and discuss this further?:paper:

Red-17 13th May 2017 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2922)

I will be gone for a few days so I hope that by the time I return Captain Tom will have got over the 'broadside', as you call it billyboy. Also, yes you would billyboy!

"It ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it" ;)

Tom Alexander 13th May 2017 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony allen (Post 2917)

Being the skipper (and I believe the Commodore) of the GD) I must confess I take right proper 'umbrage at being referred to as humpty dumpty, when the correct reference should be Humpty Dumpty, that being a proper name, and therefore capitalised (capitalized for you Yankee sailors).

And as for sitting on a wall, that is completely ridiculous, as if I am to be found sitting anywhere, it will be on the foretop or crosstree of the foremast, keeping a proper lookout!! So, there!!

Now, perhaps you will be so kind as to report to the bridge, cap in hand, with a can of glob to spend the next half hour polishing both the binnacle in the wheelhouse and the rum tap in the chartroom. :chuckle::chuckle:

Tom Alexander 13th May 2017 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2922)

Broadside deflected Sir. Perhaps we should get together for a "wet" --- Pax lounge??
--- Then the Pax lounge it is. :pint:

Farmer John 13th May 2017 09:59

There is no need to polish the rum tap. If anything, it is getting a little worn.

tony allen 13th May 2017 10:33

I just thought that would bring you out of your shell.and say now I have the job .I think I have cracked it .

billyboy 13th May 2017 11:33

Cracked it? .... Cracks sink ships!....LOL
Welcome aboard to our new Bridge boy. Follow me to the PAX Lounge, lets get the lamp swinging.

Varley 13th May 2017 12:17

I thought that was loose lips. They're best avoided anyway, dribbling wastes booze.

billyboy 13th May 2017 13:04

Ah Varley dear chap. Do come in and join us for a libation or three. Meet Tony, our new Bridge boy (man)
Steward a bottle of Mr Varley's favorite if you please.
Whats yours Tony? Tom and myself are on Four Bells.

ssr481 13th May 2017 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2951)
Cracked it? .... Cracks sink ships!....LOL
Welcome aboard to our new Bridge boy. Follow me to the PAX Lounge, lets get the lamp swinging.....

Boss.. would dearly love to join in.. but am in no. 1 hold practicing my slapshot.. then off to the hangar deck to install my new mega-mega screen TV to watch the Lads play the Senators tonight in the Conference final... oh yeah... barbeque on the hangar deck, hot dogs, hamburgers, and lots and lots of Ahrn... :pint::pint::pint::pint:

GO PENGUINS! ! !

tony allen 13th May 2017 15:59

all this is too much to take on my first day aboard 'think i will go to the bar for a very large jack daniels with ice just for cooling me down don'tcha know

Malcolm G 13th May 2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2858)
Tmacs tweaked the twin catts and she purrs lovely. can make 20 knotts as well.

At what stage should I mention that I already 'tweaked' the governors? How do you think I got here?

If he tweaks them any more then ssr481 will be looking for the bits.

Malcolm G 13th May 2017 18:46

Anyway, as I am supposed to be 'the passenger', What are all these other people doing drinking in our lounge?

Varley 13th May 2017 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy (Post 2959)
Ah Varley dear chap. Do come in and join us for a libation or three. Meet Tony, our new Bridge boy (man)
Steward a bottle of Mr Varley's favorite if you please.
Whats yours Tony? Tom and myself are on Four Bells.

Terrible thing just now chaps (welcome aboard Tony but shouldn't you be on the bridge if those two are here?). All the snot loosening pills and blasting steroids up the nose has still not brought back my sense of taste. Only booze that tickles the fancy at present is V8 bloodies Mary with chilli vodka, fizz and an orange thing called Grand Julian. Enjoyed a pint on Thursday but not as much as it deserved by a long shot.