Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Container Vessels (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Evergiven (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=5473)

R58484957 18th January 2022 08:09

Evergiven

Tonight is the BBC’s view on the saga of the Evergiven will it be fact or fiction for those not interested there is on ITV (same time) a programme on Mr Andrew Windsor NBG.

ALARIC 18th January 2022 22:28

Interesting programme with good digital representations.
Commentary a bit cringe worthy at times but overall a lot better than expected and the age old conflict between master and pilot responsibility was good.
No conclusions of course.
Will we ever know the details of the out of court settlement?
Nice to see that Maersk have female 2nd Engineer.

R58484957 19th January 2022 08:24

I agree with Alaric 100% a well balance programme. The Egyptians have no MN as such and if there pilots have to have a masters ticket where do they all come from.

Saudisid 19th January 2022 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by R58484957 (Post 41700)
I agree with Alaric 100% a well balance programme. The Egyptians have no MN as such and if there pilots have to have a masters ticket where do they all come from.

They could come from the " Ticket factory " in Sharjah. The School moved from Alex in the 80's after the peace with Israel .

Engine Serang 19th January 2022 09:46

The Egyptian Navy is also a training ground for Canal Pilots.

I think it was a poorly conceived programme, a good idea in an office in London but then they found no one with any gravitas who would talk on air. Jobs, careers and many dollars still at stake. Bugger it lets get a third engineer and an Italian IT guy to fill in. And our female friend spoke well about her "Leave".
I accept it was geared towards the general populace and as such an entertaining 8.5 out of 10.

Dartskipper 19th January 2022 10:35

There was an earlier program on another channel which featured lots of scenes in the control room and interviews with the senior pilot on duty at the time of the incident. I think it was either the Smithsonian or PBS America channel. I didn't watch this BBC production as I thought it would only rehash old theories with possibly some added "new" footage.

Having said that, has anyone else seen the recent programs showing more wobbly vertigo inducing smart phone footage from the passengers on the Costa Concordia? Some new information about the disastrous end to the cruise, and the salvage operation to remove the wreck.

R58484957 19th January 2022 11:40

The Daily Mails tv “expert” wrote that the programme lacked detail. etc,etc that the BBC paid by the British public is more of a puzzle than the programme itself. He called it a stodgy program, what ever that is.

ALARIC 20th January 2022 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by R58484957 (Post 41709)
The Daily Mails tv “expert” wrote that the programme lacked detail. etc,etc that the BBC paid by the British public is more of a puzzle than the programme itself. He called it a stodgy program, what ever that is.

i take a large pinch of salt with anything served up by journalists, but have found that dishes produced by Auntie BBC are usually well balanced and do not require too much salt. The Daily Mail however remains unpalatable no matter the quantities of salt, or any other ingredient (other than truth) I care to add!