Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   The Pig & Whistle (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Missing members (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=5548)

Makko 6th October 2022 15:48

Missing members

I just looked at a Bluey pic and Farmer John had posted on it originally, back in 2019. It was only then that I realized his absence- last activity was quite some time ago.

Also, Philthechill - I knew that he had some health issues, but he also fell off the radar some time back. Phil actually helped me professionally when I was looking at a hotel air chiller - He was dead right and accurate in the cause for failure. He made me look good!

I know that I have started such threads before but cannot be bothered to trawl through the lists to find them.

Rgds.
Dave

John Rogers 6th October 2022 17:31

Also, Philthechill - I knew that he had some health issues, but he also fell off the radar some time back. He also fell off his bike with a ladder on his shoulder, we had a lot of fun with that post.

Sparkie2182 6th October 2022 18:29

One of the best posters on "another site".
I remember his valedictory post which i read with regret.
Some former SN members may not be aware that Phil was awarded a medal for his actions in saving the
life of someone who had fallen between the ship and quayside in Glasgow(?)...... Into freezing dock water.
I mentioned it to him once in a post.....he just dismissed it as unimportant.

People like him always do..... don't they?

John Rogers 7th October 2022 02:46

I see Trotterdotpom is alive and well posting on SN.

Makko 7th October 2022 02:50

Yes, and less acerbic!
Rgds.
Dave

lakercapt 7th October 2022 20:59

Alas there are several members from here and SN that no longer post. Guess they don't have access to the internet now !!!!

kauvaka 15th December 2022 06:12

Am I the only one having problems getting into the BP site gtzx.org.uk ? I accept it could well be finger problems on my part. Kia ora.

Hawkey01 15th December 2022 11:03

kauvaka,

I had a look on the web, when I try the address you have given it comes up with - World Press - and to write a blog. Further down I found this
GTZX Homehttps://gtzx.org.uk › ...
Welcome to the GTZX web site. Problems, problems: The End of GTZX.org.uk? 29th September 2022. Over the past few months I have been trying to resolve .... Of course when you try to read more it comes up with the World Press. So I suggest there are major problems. Maybe one of your fellow ex BP members can help.

Neville

rustytrawler 15th December 2022 12:10

Look on b.p. Fleet news s.n. Hope this helps...REF GTZX

kauvaka 16th December 2022 01:53

Cheers Hawkeye01 and rustytrawler. It looks as though bpsparks is running the site now. Glad somebody is as there was a lot of good info there. Must try to get onboard. Have a good Christmas folks.

Makko 16th December 2022 04:27

Sad to find out, recently, that Roger Griffiths passed the bar a few months back.A loss.........
Rgds.
Dave

Gulpers 17th December 2022 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkie2182 (Post 46889)
One of the best posters on "another site".
I remember his valedictory post which i read with regret.
Some former SN members may not be aware that Phil was awarded a medal for his actions in saving the
life of someone who had fallen between the ship and quayside in Glasgow(?)...... Into freezing dock water.
I mentioned it to him once in a post.....he just dismissed it as unimportant.

People like him always do..... don't they?

The incident occurred in Greenock and I have a report from the Greenock Telegraph somewhere. :applause::applause:

Makko 17th December 2022 23:31

Does anyone have any info on Phil? He was of great help on a hotel air conditioner that I attended..... He was A-1 on the ball with cause!
Rgds.
Dave

Sparkie2182 18th December 2022 09:11

It would be nice to hear something of him for sure.

Best wishes to him wherever he is......

S2182

Hawkey01 19th December 2022 11:45

Philthechill - His last log on to this site was 31st July 2021.
on SN his last log on was 11/11/2020.

Neville