Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   The Pig & Whistle (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Home Improvements (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=235)

BobClay 1st May 2017 13:35

Home Improvements

1 Attachment(s)
It's raining for the first time in weeks this morning (at least it'll temporarily stop the farmers from moaning) so I decided to put in the latest home improvement in the kitchen, behind the door where only I'll know about it.

Since retiring I've done a lot of these, power shower, central heating boiler, consumer unit, networking ... but I think this might well be my favourite ... :D

Gulpers 1st May 2017 13:48

It's defective Bob - there's an empty optic! :eek:

BobClay 1st May 2017 13:59

:D

Yeah .... I haven't got a bottle to go on that one. I'm trying to think of something .... :rolleyes:

Dartskipper 1st May 2017 15:25

Cap'n Morgan?

BobClay 1st May 2017 15:27

Now that's a plan .....:D

Rodney 1st May 2017 17:01

Coke for tea-total friends? No, poor idea, doubt you've got any of them wierdos.:cool:

Kevjacko 2nd May 2017 23:10

Verrry nice Bob. Got to say I admire your taste in wood shelving units....
Or am I missing something:)

BobClay 3rd May 2017 07:46

No. I have a sort of OCD about blank walls, I immediately want to put a shelf on them. :D:eek:

Varley 3rd May 2017 08:34

With me it's clocks but I've run out of useable walls.

BobClay 3rd May 2017 10:39

1 Attachment(s)
Can't deny I'm a bit of a clock man myself ... :rolleyes:

But I do wonder of what use a clock might be in a time machine ... :eek::D

Varley 3rd May 2017 11:41

Speedometer?

Chadburn 3rd May 2017 12:53

I would like to see a handy fire extinguisher in the Shack Bob.

BobClay 3rd May 2017 12:55

That's probably a good idea given the amount of electrics I've put in there. I'll do that. A smoke detector too.:cool:

tony allen 3rd May 2017 13:59

bob

a jack daniels would be a good companion just in case I dropped in like ?

billyboy 3rd May 2017 14:06

I was going to come across and test your optics Bob. Some bar stewards nicked the seat off my bike.....LOL

BobClay 3rd May 2017 18:56

Tonight they get their first test having filled the remaining optic with Captain Morgans after taking thread advice.
The ice machine is on, the coke is cooling. Venezuela (Cornish style) here I come. :eek:

Gordon Steel 3rd May 2017 20:41

Four Bells would have been better, but sadly no more, tear in the eye, ahm now greetin'

BobClay 3rd May 2017 22:14

Haven't seen that for many years Gordon (in fact, since I left the sea.) But it was the standard as I remember it. :rolleyes:

billyboy 3rd May 2017 23:28

we used to get "Caroni 90" for our Tot's back in 1962. Not bad but then again not like the real thing,.

mary75 3rd May 2017 23:31

I just joined the site so that I could see Bob Clay's home improvements. Very nice!

Farmer John 4th May 2017 09:27

I Googled 4 Bells, it looks as though it can be bought from a German website. Pricey though.

billyboy 4th May 2017 10:08

1 Attachment(s)
This is the stuff we had in the early 60's

sibby 4th May 2017 14:59

The best rum I used to get out of bond was called Black Negrita. The bottle had raffia wrapped round it. It was good for sea sickness . The cure was recommended to me by an a.b. on the first ship I sailed on, a coaster. I found it did not work for everyone. The cook tried it and was seasick in the galley sink. Yuk.

BobClay 4th May 2017 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by sibby (Post 2273)
The best rum I used to get out of bond was called Black Negrita. The bottle had raffia wrapped round it. It was good for sea sickness . The cure was recommended to me by an a.b. on the first ship I sailed on, a coaster. I found it did not work for everyone. The cook tried it and was seasick in the galley sink. Yuk.

:D

The words of Nobel prize winning scientist Richard Feynman comes to mind on that one:

"No matter how beautiful your theory is, if it doesn't agree with experiment, then it's wrong."

:D:D

sibby 4th May 2017 15:23

Thank you Bob for those pearls of wisdom. The cook did threaten to fill me in but when I told him who gave the advice he backed off. I was, in my own defence, a snot nosed O/S.