Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Other Companies/Ships (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kuwait Shipping/United Arab Shipping (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=49)

AlbieR 18th April 2017 19:06

Kuwait Shipping/United Arab Shipping

Here we go again for those of you who have found your way here from Ships Nostalgia. Interesting to see how many active people we have and how many have gone AWOL. Time to sign on again like we used to change articles in Kuwait to beat the tax man. (Don't worry he can't get you after six years have passed).

Battybob 18th April 2017 20:01

Still alive and kicking

Hello Albie,
well, I am still here.

Bob

AlbieR 18th April 2017 20:06

Welcome aboard Bob, let's see who else comes up the gangway!

Saudisid 18th April 2017 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbieR (Post 171)
Welcome aboard Bob, let's see who else comes up the gangway!

Now you have a Mate and a Leccy Albie

AlbieR 19th April 2017 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saudisid (Post 173)
Now you have a Mate and a Leccy Albie

Running out of beer because we have no Chief Steward to look after the bond! Any takers out there?

Saudisid 19th April 2017 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbieR (Post 283)
Running out of beer because we have no Chief Steward to look after the bond! Any takers out there?

When I was 2nd Mate in the City of St Albans [ coasting ] the Grocer had to go home for a family problem. The " Old Man " did not want either of the 2 offered by the Kremlin. He asked the Mate [ Andy88up] and my self if we could cover it to Liverpool. So there you are Ablie someone who knows the combimations to the hinges of the Beer Lkr.

Alan

SAM.TODD 20th April 2017 17:40

Hi albie, still hanging on.

Engine Serang 8th May 2017 20:49

Albie, is this site the Russian or the K Class, I'm not sure.

AlbieR 8th May 2017 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 2636)
Albie, is this site the Russian or the K Class, I'm not sure.

I called it Kuwait Shipping/United Arab Shipping to cover both the old and the new so Russian or K Class take your pick.
Myself and my wife Dianne are going to Cadiz next week so I will look up the Prawn Bar, The Throw your Pipe in the Dock bar, The Two Peseta Bar and the many others that put up with all of us during our two year stint there during the conversions. We will also take the ferry over to Puerto Santa Maria for a trip down Fish Head alley for our fill of fresh fish. We also plan to go to the Horse Fair in Jerez, I have fond memories of visiting it all them years ago. They say never go back but we have been a few times and enjoyed it more each time. Maybe post a couple of pictures when we come back. Nice to see Batty Bob and Sam Todd and Saudi Sid have signed on, Sam will know the bars I have mentioned.
Albie :pint::pint:

Engine Serang 19th May 2017 12:11

I regard Cadiz as the most dangerous port in Spain. The Memsahib tells me it has the best shops for variety and value. When shopping the word value means expensive.
You have been warned.

Engine Serang 2nd June 2017 15:42

Heartening to see KSC/UASC still on the hind tit of Other Companies/Ships. A grave injustice.

lordy 3rd June 2017 07:23

new comer

Hi Albie how come folks are moving across here

john lilburn 6th June 2017 15:21

Albie,

I have just found this site, thanks to your post on Ship's Nostalgia. Thanks. Hope you are OK. I lost you for a while there.

brian3rdengineer 10th June 2017 21:07

hello Albie

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbieR (Post 164)
Here we go again for those of you who have found your way here from Ships Nostalgia. Interesting to see how many active people we have and how many have gone AWOL. Time to sign on again like we used to change articles in Kuwait to beat the tax man. (Don't worry he can't get you after six years have passed).

hello Albie/ Saudi Sid/ Engine Serang and any other ex KSC/UASC houlder bros and Bank Line (sorry engine serang) who have jumped ship from SN, pity as I like SN myself

Brianthirdengineer

brian3rdengineer 10th June 2017 21:16

chief

Quote:

Originally Posted by john lilburn (Post 4462)
Albie,

I have just found this site, thanks to your post on Ship's Nostalgia. Thanks. Hope you are OK. I lost you for a while there.

hello John ( sorry chief) I think I sailed with you on the THEEKAR I did two trips a couple of years apart you were with Mary
I was the third engr who being into railways put signals on the generators!
I will check the dates on my watch keeping certificates when I get chance
Brian

brian3rdengineer 10th June 2017 21:32

Ibn Bassam

1 Attachment(s)
Hi John
dug this photo of you visiting the Bassam our chief was Phil Robinson another good guy and chief, and great old man I think was Cambell Flett

AlbieR 11th June 2017 08:55

Brian,
Don't worry my deep sea gear is still on SN, like most just doing an agency job on this site to see how it goes. In the picture of John Lilburn who is the person behind the bar? Can you name the others too?

Nice to see you still around John, not hearing from you for so long I thought the worst, I will send you a PM because the emails I have sent through your web page seem to have not got to you.

The holiday in Cadiz went well, more to report when I have recuperated!

Albie

john lilburn 11th June 2017 22:34

Albie/Brianthethird,
Guy in the photo behind the bar was Chief Steward, Jim Clark, him of the black satin sheets.

Mary and I were in Cadiz in December last year. We did not go to any of the bars you mentioned in your post but did have a nice time. All the Christmas lights were up.:jester:

Engine Serang 13th June 2017 21:19

I thought Mr Phillips was the only one with black sheets.

scouse lecky 14th July 2017 21:24

tredding the water

new to this site hopefully in time more will join and new contacts will be made, if not old contacts.

Howard S 16th July 2017 15:00

PCS now on board!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbieR (Post 164)

Decided to look at this "alternative" site but not too much here so far.

I was in UASC 1979-84.

After the success of my Palm Line site I just started a Facebook page for "United Arab/Kuwait Shipping Co. Sea Staff".

Will see how it goes, feel free to join. It is a great way to store electronically and permanently some pics and some memories before they all disappear with the passage of time. In time sites like this one and Ships Nostalgia will close down as the members get older.

Best wishes,

Howard

Lao Pan 15th August 2017 11:40

Thought I would just jump in the Jolly Boat and come over and see how you were all doing - may even stay (Russian Jolly Boat stopped twice on the way over - but still quicker than the K class lifeboats)

Russ-UASC 9th September 2017 10:45

Hi Guys - I have moved over from SN - I was a Deck Cadet from 1976 to 1980 - now i am Marine Cargo Superintendent on tankers based out in Dubai - it has changed an awful lot in the last 40 years from the run ashore to the seamans mission !!
Russ Purdie

Russ-UASC 9th September 2017 10:53

2 Attachment(s)
A few pictures (posted before) to get everyone thinking !!
Russ

Russ-UASC 9th September 2017 10:55

Pete Everett is the Old Man in the 1st picture -Andy Hunt is the C/O in the jolly boat off to change some Walport movies !!