Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Sparkie2182 27th November 2022 12:51

"god's own rock"

Made in Blackpool.

Engine Serang 27th November 2022 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkie2182 (Post 48393)

Made in Blackpool.

Or so the lyrics go.

rustytrawler 27th November 2022 13:43

The I.O.M. had at least one football player, remember Norman Wisdom played in goal. I would say the I.O.M. WAS MORE OF A HILLOCK THAN A ROCK. I blame Norman for all the Albanians heading this way.

billyboy 29th November 2022 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustytrawler (Post 48398)
The I.O.M. had at least one football player, remember Norman Wisdom played in goal. I would say the I.O.M. WAS MORE OF A HILLOCK THAN A ROCK. I blame Norman for all the Albanians heading this way.

Thats right, and wasnt Mr Grimsdale the manager?

rustytrawler 29th November 2022 11:48

Mr Grimsdale is alive and well, and now calls himself varley!

Varley 29th November 2022 12:29

I do hate it so when one's family capital is rudely lowered. I note neither Sir Norman's nor the fictitious (but equally long suffering) Mr. Grimshaw's suffered such an indignity. And done by a shipmate, too - not carrying an Albanian passport are you, Rusty? (note position of comma. ", are you Rusty?" would be quite rude

(I may have to forego my junket on Thursday - Much as I was looking forward to it there is a tickle in my throat although there is still only one red line. Etiquette has changed since Covid. I wonder how acceptable it is to be 'abroad' with a cold?).

rustytrawler 29th November 2022 13:19

You are abroad, and i have jumpy finger syndrome.

billyboy 29th November 2022 21:02

tourettes of the fingers eh! ... nasty that!

Norman got a medal from the late Queen (bit like our Chief Injunier) Mr Grimsdale I believe was made Lord Laxey.

Varley 30th November 2022 15:12

Are you giving me the finger?

rustytrawler 30th November 2022 15:37

Have the I.O.M. council cleaned up all that horse poo in Douglas yet?

Varley 30th November 2022 17:35

I hope not. My people tell me it's good for the roses.

Engine Serang 30th November 2022 20:39

Cadbury's disagree, they say that because its good enough for Quality Street does not mean it's good enough for their products.

Malcolm G 30th November 2022 20:41

I prefer Celebrations - Check the weight, you get more for your money.

Engine Serang 1st December 2022 06:45

I prefer a sucky sweet to a chewy sweet.
To choose a sweet by weight puts you in the Private Pike school of making the most of your sweety coupons. BTW what age are you?

Malcolm G 1st December 2022 08:25

The age at which sucky sweets are less trouble on the remaining teeth than chewy sweets.

Varley 1st December 2022 13:25

I remain heartened that the onset of my second, final, childhood is not yet heralded by the return of my boyhood's sweet-tooth.

Unlike some of my shipmates it seems.

(A square of Bourneville Orange anyone? To go with the Colheita.)

Varley 3rd December 2022 12:43

Did charity beano Thursday night. Astonishingly His Exc. did not introduce himself. That is two opportunities he has missed, damn close to negligence that, what?

(Probably did notice however as one of my table guests fell on backside when seating herself after loyal toast and at same time threw her glassful over my last employer. To be entirely fair I had used her chairback to assist me in standing and may just have adjusted some of the chair's geographical parameters a tad in doing so. Anyway she enjoyed the attention of the two younger gentlemen in picking her up and, in the unlikely event champagne stains, I am sure the chairman has another shirt).

Varley 6th December 2022 16:57

Now, when does the match start? Not my bag so I thought I would help the boy get rid of the OBS and see if we can raise GD I for a chat after that.

Engine Serang 6th December 2022 21:58

GD1 is now a conundrum wrapped up in an enema so probably best contacted by morse.

One genuinely wonders if Ham Radio is still an interest or hobby or has the internet buggered it.

billyboy 6th December 2022 22:53

CQ CQ CQ DX Whisky Romeo Charlie 42 calling Golf Delta 1......

Nah dont think anyone awake over there nowadays.

Tmac1720 11th December 2022 13:54

WTF is all that crackling on the radiomaphone thingy? some body stuck in a queue and can't see? probably pissed from a run ashore playing golf with some Charlie named Romeo. Ah well each to their own I suppose but he wouldn't last 5 minutes in Harland and Bluff with a name like that.

Never mind I have an announcement to all you crew type persons..... testing, testing, Squeek is that macadoriaphone switched on or has Varley buggered it up again?

Ahem here we go.........

Christmas comes but once a year
and when it does its bloody dear
Times are tough and very hard
so here's your feckin' Christmas card :quill:

Seriously here's wishing all of you a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year. Sorry I haven't been about as much as I would have liked these past few months but fingers crossed things can only get better (cue song)

Take care my friends and my very best wishes to you all and your families :thumb:

billyboy 11th December 2022 22:48

Merry Christmas everybody. Hope you all have a good one and a happy healthy new year.

Varley 12th December 2022 17:04

I, too would like to add my best wishes for the season now upon us. Also 'all the best' for 2023.

(The radio room will remain open throughout our stay in the land of port - just don't give the boy to many R/T calls home on the the day)

Carols and mulled wine on the forecastle in 20 minutes!

Engine Serang 12th December 2022 20:49

Bit early for all this Christmas palaaver, youse'll be looking for Easter Eggs in the shops next week.

billyboy 13th December 2022 01:53

Huh thats something I dont have to worry about here. Dont think they heard of them in the Philippines ha ha.