Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   The Pig & Whistle (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Humour the best of medicine (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=53)

Ron Stringer 15th July 2022 09:33

Sounds bizarre this I know but I saw a party of ramblers yesterday, being led by a man on stilts, wearing a crown & barking orders.

When I asked who he was they replied, “He's our high king coach.

BobClay 15th July 2022 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Stringer (Post 45408)
Sounds bizarre this I know but I saw a party of ramblers yesterday, being led by a man on stilts, wearing a crown & barking orders.

When I asked who he was they replied, “He's our high king coach.

.... and I thought I could match this !!!!

(Dream on Bob.) :chuckle:

Makko 15th July 2022 21:55

I vote to lobotomize Mr. Stringer! He really has reached depths that no other human can! But, then again, he is a Sparkie - Maybe he isn't human? Most Sparkies weren't, I am sure they were infiltrated by the Men in Black!

Tee-Hee!
Dave

John Rogers 15th July 2022 22:43

Or too many Volts and Jolts Dave.:cloud::brain:

Makko 15th July 2022 23:46

Yes, U. John. The electricians that would check for current using their fingers on two bare wires!
Rgds.
Dave

BobClay 16th July 2022 07:20

But the old bare fingers job never fails to detect .... (well, for the first time anyway.) :eek:

Varley 16th July 2022 10:08

It is usually ascribed to morse code. It can't be bare finger detection, until one graduates to electrician the voltages risked are too low. Anyway it can't be that either as there's nothing wrong with MEeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ron Stringer 16th July 2022 11:48

Came across a street fight in town last night when suddenly, a low loader lorry arrived at the scene with a small group of trees on the back.

I thought, “Eh up, someone must have called the copse.”

BobClay 16th July 2022 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Stringer (Post 45422)
Came across a street fight in town last night when suddenly, a low loader lorry arrived at the scene with a small group of trees on the back.

I thought, “Eh up, someone must have called the copse.”

Retires to study. There will be the sound of a hammer being pulled back on a .357 magnum. Followed by a shistol pot ... I mean a postol sh1t ... I mean a shostil pit.

Ahhh sod it I didn't want to do it anyway.

There will be the sound of a beer can opening instead .. (close enough for government work.):pint:

Ron Stringer 18th July 2022 09:05

My daft mate plays in a brass band and heard that toothpaste is good for cleaning the instruments.

He phoned me and said “Ron, do you know where I can get a decent tuba toothpaste from?”

Ron Stringer 19th July 2022 09:39

My mates’s not had much luck this week & everything he touches seems to go wrong.
Yesterday he paid a joiner up front to make a king-sized bed and he's gone and done a bunk.

He said, “Honestly, it's just one thing on top of another.”

Engine Serang 19th July 2022 10:02

Jesus lads, are youse making these up or stealing them from the Bob Monkhouse book of shitty jokes.

Delete Bob Monkhouse and insert Dave Allen, negative Catholic Priest.

Dartskipper 19th July 2022 22:35

Some sound just like Tommy Cooper. Not like that, like that, Hahhaaha......

Dartskipper 19th July 2022 22:38

At the Olympics, Greece entered some canoeists in the slalom event. One of them accidently overturned and lost his paddle. He struggled upright, shook the water out of his ears, and was encouraged to carry on using his hands when he heard the crowd chanting,

"Up the Greek without a paddle....."

Malcolm G 21st July 2022 21:33

1 Attachment(s)
Alternatives…
https://youtu.be/xt0V0_1MS0Q

Makko 21st July 2022 22:05

1 Attachment(s)
Note - Mods: This I found on a Youtube video of non-PC advertisments from the past. If you think it is unsuitable, please take it down. It not only evoked a titter and a snigger from me, but also various guffaws:

Rgds.
Dave

John Rogers 21st July 2022 22:47

Bring on the Kippers.

Engine Serang 21st July 2022 22:47

It's not You-Tubing for me. But I'll take advice and stop using Lifebuoy in/on my mimsy, which I think is near my, near my.......... What do you mean I'm disqualified? I have declared that I have a mimsy and therefore I have one , just ask that Mordaunt chap.

Makko 21st July 2022 23:38

I just re-read it and had a belly laugh! Sorry if anyone thinks that it is over the top.............WOKE ALERT!
Rgds.
Dave

John Rogers 22nd July 2022 03:29

Dave did you read the captions under the small photos.

Ron Stringer 22nd July 2022 09:14

Yesterday I was driving down a lane near here when my car was suddenly covered in sour cream and chives. What a mess!

I must have missed the sign for a hidden dip in the road.

Makko 22nd July 2022 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rogers (Post 45477)
Dave did you read the captions under the small photos.

I just cannot make them out, but they appear to be rude too!

Hugh Shuttleworth 22nd July 2022 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makko (Post 45479)

I googled the soap and got clearer images!!!!!

Malcolm G 22nd July 2022 18:47

1 Attachment(s)
You were looking for Non-PC soap adverts?
They don't get much more outrageous than this.
I suspect it was even 'frowned upon' at the time.

John Rogers 22nd July 2022 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makko (Post 45479)

David, I enlarged the photo YOU POSTED and I was shocked to the bone.
Go and and wash your mouth out with Lux and then sit in the corner.:jester::king: