Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   virtual crazy gang, part II (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Tmac1720 1st December 2019 18:44

There is no way, no how that I is pulling anybodies bollards, and in that I am unanimous :cloud:

Bollard pulling or adjustment is the purview of nubile maidens. The last time I had my bollards pulled they are still looking for the body of the person responsible :thumb:

Engine Serang 1st December 2019 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 26949)
There is no way, no how that I is pulling anybodies bollards, and in that I am unanimous :cloud:

You said that without fear of contraception and I will back you all the way.
From a safe distance.

The crowd from IOM seem a bit hostile, what says youse that we go to Peel or Port Eireann instead, yon ones from Douglas are a wee bit up their own holes. Too many bankers.
Yes, unfortunately bankers.

Tmac1720 1st December 2019 19:57

B instead of W... a simple transcription yet factually correct in both regards

Engine Serang 2nd December 2019 05:53

I'm keeping a sharp eye on Mr D Varley, Chief Cashier of the Piggy Bank of Douglas. But I have to say he's always stood his Round and in my book that makes him a sound shipmate.

But if the bloody island breaks adrift lets hope the tide takes it towards the Mull of Galloway or better still Sellafield as there/their* both toxic.

Farmer John 2nd December 2019 17:35

I don't think I have ever had my wollards pulled, I must be very naive.

Dartskipper,can we dock in Douglas at the right morning tide?

Tmac, can we cloak as catamaran Gin Palace. Should be fairly effective camo.

We have to offload half our Fisher-person's Acquaintances, the scent of violets is overpowering.

Dartskipper 2nd December 2019 21:15

I checked with Douglas and he said "No." He wasn't too happy about being used as a receptacle for a gang of vagabonds of the seven seas and five oceans. He said we would be better up a Greek without a paddle.

Farmer John 2nd December 2019 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 27002)
I checked with Douglas and he said "No." He wasn't too happy about being used as a receptacle for a gang of vagabonds of the seven seas and five oceans. He said we would be better up a Greek without a paddle.

Dartskipper, can you work us in somewhere? One of my joke setups just got hi-jacked.

Dartskipper 2nd December 2019 21:31

Douglas suggested Holyhead, but I told him not many of us do church. His buddy Warren pointed out we could make Dun Laoghaire just before low tide if chiefy jammed the cold start button wide open.

Get the fenders out, stand by sharp blunt and middle. Full ahead both. Hang on tight, it might get bumpy.

Farmer John 2nd December 2019 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 27005)
Get the fenders out, stand by sharp blunt and middle. Full ahead both. Hang on tight, it might get bumpy.

I won't play guitar for any one, I shall be on drums.

Better have a round of drinks all round on me.

Engine Serang 3rd December 2019 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 27005)
Douglas suggested Holyhead, but I told him not many of us do church. His buddy Warren pointed out we could make Dun Laoghaire just before low tide if chiefy jammed the cold start button wide open.

Dun Leary or in Irish "Done Lear Oh Hair", is very much yesterdays port. Lets go to Dublin and take an educational visit to Guinness Hop Store, the Powers Whiskey Distillery, Temple Bar for the evening and a quick skelly at the Book of Kells to take the bad look of things.
Girls from T's youth will still be supping and available, we must not fall into a Prince Andrew type trap. (Fat Chance).

billyboy 3rd December 2019 09:38

Might even manage a trip up the clyde later. (wonder if Bettys bar is still going?)

Engine Serang 3rd December 2019 10:24

Is Betty's Bar not in York and Harrogate?

I wonder if The Muscular Arms is still going.

Farmer John 3rd December 2019 22:24

There is a Bettys in Ilkley, I believe it is the only one of the establishments to have been bombed in peacetime.

Enough of this frivolity, Dartskipper, we can travel at will provided we arrive at Lerwick for our refurbishing date.

Farmer John 5th December 2019 17:54

We are due in Lerwick in one weeks time. When we get there it will be dark. It will be like this most of the time we are there.

It was dark in Yorkshire today at about 2.30 pm. I put my car's lights on, first time for everything. They ain't half bright.

Dartskipper 5th December 2019 19:37

I think your car's lights may need a little adjustment FJ.

They are supposed to point away from you when you are in the driver's seat.

Farmer John 5th December 2019 22:18

No DS, I think it is just the Sanatogen bulbs.

billyboy 5th December 2019 23:41

Dry dock in 7 days eh. still time for a bit of fun along the way. anyone for a pint in Stornaway?

Farmer John 6th December 2019 09:37

DS, quick stop in Stornaway please. Always thought it was the name of a greyhound. Pints of heavy all around.

Dartskipper 6th December 2019 18:52

Will we fit in Stornaway? We might stick out a bit at both ends.

billyboy 6th December 2019 21:15

if we cant squeeze in theres a good Anchorage place just outside. No problem getting ashore as we can use the launch as a runabout boat.

Farmer John 6th December 2019 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartskipper (Post 27110)
Will we fit in Stornaway? We might stick out a bit at both ends.

We have Procrustean Docking fitted, we fit in anywhere, especially when there is a pint in the offing.

Engine Serang 7th December 2019 08:46

Does anybody on the Bridge know the LOA?
Sober up and start being professional mariners.
What in Gods name would happen if Tmac and his team didn't know the revs of the main engine or Lecky Vmax 50 or 60 Hz?
( Truthfully I hay me doots about Vmax).

Farmer John 7th December 2019 09:53

It's complicated...

Dartskipper 7th December 2019 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 27118)
Does anybody on the Bridge know the LOA?
Sober up and start being professional mariners.
What in Gods name would happen if Tmac and his team didn't know the revs of the main engine or Lecky Vmax 50 or 60 Hz?
( Truthfully I hay me doots about Vmax).

Is it anything like Betamax?

Varley 7th December 2019 10:37

Anchorage? What the hell are we doing in Anchorage at this time of year? (50 or 60 Hz - that is what I call speed droop). No nothing like Betamax more LD50.