Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Mess Deck (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Human beings (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=5072)

Steve 27th February 2020 21:09

Human beings

I have decided after a lot of thought over the last few months, that I hate human beings, I don't mind one or two individuals but the majority can go **** themselves.

cheers :pint:

Steve

Malcolm G 27th February 2020 22:15

That sounds like a reasonable and understandable point of view.
Unfortunately we have to have them to do things..
I suppose other humans can be useful, one does not have to like them, just appreciate their input.

BobClay 27th February 2020 22:46

....... also, they taste horrible. You have to use very strong mustard.

:eek:

Makko 27th February 2020 23:16

Try the Peasant crisps. Bob!

Engine Serang 28th February 2020 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobClay (Post 28968)
....... also, they taste horrible. You have to use very strong mustard.

:eek:

And copious pints of Guinness.

Malcolm G 28th February 2020 08:29

There was me thinking that this was about interpersonal relationships.
And you lot turn it into a discussion of the most suitable relish or accompaniment for Long Pig.

Perhaps I misunderstood, that's not unusual.:cloud:

Engine Serang 28th February 2020 09:58

Dear Landsman,

I am a human being, one that has many flaws; mild schizophrenia, mild to moderate dyslexia, at the lower end of the autistic spectrum and a complete arsehole but unlike your good self I am not Mad.

Malcolm G 28th February 2020 10:42

Woof woof.

BobClay 28th February 2020 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 28976)
Dear Landsman,

I am a human being, one that has many flaws; mild schizophrenia, mild to moderate dyslexia, at the lower end of the autistic spectrum and a complete arsehole but unlike your good self I am not Mad.

NO ?

Well we're going to need an official certificate as proof of this. (And I'm not talking about something typed up in the back kitchen.) :sweat:

Tmac1720 28th February 2020 11:27

I told my psychiatrist that everybody hated me but he told me I was just being paranoid as I hadn't met everybody yet :curtain_call:

I have to agree with Steve, 99.9% of the population are fuckwits :cloud:

Tmac1720 28th February 2020 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 28976)
I am not Mad.

That is a matter of opinion dear boy, anybody from Norn Iron is universally regarded with suspicion, myself included. After a lifetime in Harland and Wolff one is positively certifiable :balloon:

Malcolm G 28th February 2020 11:31

When I saw a psychiatrist around 15 or so years ago she assured me that I was quite normal...... compared to her colleagues.
But, when I was working, one of my own colleagues mentioned more than once; "You're not like normal people are you?"
So I just work to the worse case scenario and it can only improve, maybe.

Engine Serang 28th February 2020 13:34

I'm beginning to think this website attracts misfits and nerr-do-wells. I'm going to go off it for Lent. Indeed a period of Self Isolation may be the very treatment I need.

BobClay 28th February 2020 13:39

I went to a shrink once and told him I thought I had an inferiority complex.:very_sad:

He replied: "I can't think why you insignificant little worm." :shock:

Cost me fifty quid that did. :confused:

Engine Serang 28th February 2020 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmac1720 (Post 28983)
After a lifetime in Harland and Wolff one is positively certifiable :balloon:

When deep-Sea one was never sure; certificated, certified or both.

Tmac1720 28th February 2020 16:30

you and me both my friend, :wink: as the old saying goes "you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps" :curtain_call:

Dartskipper 28th February 2020 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 28994)
When deep-Sea one was never sure; certificated, certified or both.

Certifiable.

The word you are looking for is "Certifiable."

You can be certain of that. :supercool:

Varley 28th February 2020 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 28985)
I'm beginning to think this website attracts misfits and nerr-do-wells. I'm going to go off it for Lent. Indeed a period of Self Isolation may be the very treatment I need.

I imagined you might be exempt on account of your age (the upper limit, you understand, not the lower).

BobClay 28th February 2020 23:44

They say wisdom comes with age.

(Who are these 'they' people ? ... and what f****** planet are they off ?) :p

Engine Serang 29th February 2020 11:32

F*** and BOLLI****** and Asterix (asterix'es), in general will get you into hot, and indeed deep, water with our sister ship. We, I hope, are a bit more understanding of human frailties and I only wish Mr BY would give us a Learn'ed Opinion.

Varley 29th February 2020 11:33

True. Those on this planet say it is incontinence, but fortunately we can't hear the ungrateful bastards saying it any longer.

BobClay 29th February 2020 11:45

I seem to remember getting a slap on the wrist for using a '1' for an 'i' in a certain four letter word that describes excreted brown matter, thinking I might bypass the bad word discomnobulator. :bounce_angel:

At the time I wondered if any of these people had ever been on a ship !! .... or were they too busy getting a new silver spoon transplanted into their gobs. :egg:

:big_tongue:

Varley 29th February 2020 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine Serang (Post 29009)
F*** and BOLLI****** and Asterix (asterix'es), in general will get you into hot, and indeed deep, water with our sister ship. We, I hope, are a bit more understanding of human frailties and I only wish Mr BY would give us a Learn'ed Opinion.

We will pardon your Gaul. Re: our bard. Agreed.

Engine Serang 29th February 2020 13:03

OK, ASTERISK.
Please excuse my spelling. My Spellchecker is a pirate version bought in Nicaragua. Some pensioners cannot afford MS Word UK/IOM edition.

Varley 29th February 2020 14:35

Of course. I do understand the market place. The IoM edition is just as difficult to get hold of as that for Hiberian Hieroglyphs or should that be Runix/Runicees?