Shipping History

Shipping History (https://www.shippinghistory.com/index.php)
-   Brocklebank Line (https://www.shippinghistory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   All alone am I---- (https://www.shippinghistory.com/showthread.php?t=5320)

Phillthechill 4th May 2021 16:30

All alone am I----

----or am I?
Surely there's more than ex-Brocklebanker me on this Site?

I've logged-on several times hoping to see someone from Brock's.

Let's se! Phil ex-Teen Sahib.

R58484957 4th May 2021 16:37

Long time no see, Phil

Harry Nicholson 4th May 2021 20:45

Hello, Phil. I'm still here. Sparks with Brocks 1957-61: Mahanada, Mawana, Mahronda, Marwarri deep sea, and sundry coastals.

I'm enjoying a bit of research into the ports for the memoirs. Massowah is absorbing, and Aden is interesting. Legend says that Cain and Abel are buried beneath Aden town..

Brock posters have become rare as we grow more antique.
Keep smiling through.
Harry

Makko 4th May 2021 22:28

Just keep posting , Phil, and the Brocklebankers will appear, as if by magic. This is a lot quieter, more courteous site.
Rgds.
Dave

Engine Serang 5th May 2021 07:57

Once knew a chap who started as an Engineer Cadet with Brocklebanks, do I qualify? Whilst with Brocks he sailed on the Atlantic Conveyor, quite a diverse Fleet.

Tumbleweed 5th May 2021 13:03

Atlantic Conveyor and Cunard Carronade, 1972-74. Sailed under DesLandes, Bull, O Brien, North, Pembridge and Smith. Coasted a couple of Port Line boats after that before moving to Nova Scotia.

R58484957 5th May 2021 16:59

Greetings James and welcome to SH. Bon voyage.

John Rogers 5th May 2021 17:34

Did you bring the Ladder Phil, nice to see you posting.

Hugh Shuttleworth 6th May 2021 15:12

Salaams Phil; Joined Brocklebanks as apprentice and never left until belly-ache ruled me out. The Company name changed umpteen times during my 30 years.

Sailed on Malakand, Mahout, Maturata, Maskeliya, Mawana, Makrana, Mangla, Mahseer and Maihar (1968 vintage). Coasted Matra and Manaar. Came home on Ivernia, Coasted Media and took Parthia out to Hong Kong. Stood by Conveyor in building but never sailed. Cunard Champion (sported a Brocklebank Funnel and, while I was there, a Brocklebank house flag). Did more time on tankers, Luxor, Luminetta, Lumen, Lumiere, Lucerna, Oloibiri and Energos then a trip on Marin (a baby box boat).

Phillthechill 6th May 2021 16:28

Brilliant!

It's great to know there are a load of us still around!

Personally I'm about as much use as the proverbial a**e-pocket-in-a-vest these days, what with my crook knees, so my bike-riding is a thing-of-the-past.

Hopefully, now that 'lock-down' is easing I'll be able to get out-and-about on my 8 m.p.h. scooter! (Ah! Those halcyon days when I'd go for a high-speed blast on my Suzuki TSR! DEFINITELY no more carrying ladders on my push-bike!).

So let's keep the Brock flag alive gents. Burra salaams, Phil

John Rogers 6th May 2021 16:37

Its been awhile now since you had a fight with the ladder Phil , however I still remember you telling us about it.