View Single Post
Old 25th April 2020, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakercapt View Post
A patient in a psychiatric hospital escaped by going through the laundry facility.
As he had been isolated for some time when passing through he sexually accosted one of the ladies working there.
The newspaper headlines were
Nut screws washer and bolts.
Lakercapt, nice to see "BS308" stuck with you! We had Ron Williams for O Level E.D. in Mosslands - Things that should not be "hatched" when producing a sectioned (hence reference to psychiatric care!) drawing.

Ron was a Cadet with one of the first intakes at Birkenhead Tech in 1968/9 (Anglo Saxon Oil) and was taught by my Dad. He later ended up at Mosslands (previously Wallasey Technical Grammar - unique in Britain) as an engineering and drawing teacher without a teaching certificate - My father having argued, successfully, on his behalf, based on his industry credentials (one I remember, designing Tyre moulds for Pirelli in Milan!) and Marine Eng. HND.

I worked briefly with Ron at the Laird Foundation, prior to starting on a permanent position, when I relocated to the UK during 2000 - 2006. Unfortunately, he died in retirement, having at last bought a horse which he was riding at West Kirby/Red Rocks. He fell from the horse, suffering a severe cranial trauma and cardiac arrest. RIP Ron Williams. I must say, his character never changed, always good humoured and with a sly joke on the tip of his tongue!

Rgds.
Dave