View Single Post
Old 14th June 2021, 11:11

I had only one fault I could not fix on a Crusader and none on an Atalanta. The one that I could not fix was on my first trip and I had identified it to the astonishment of the techs at Pembroke (a resistor across the anti parasitic choke on the anode top of one output bottle).

I will, therefore, have ample time to find, should there be either, a Davidoff's or Fox's. Failing that I will pick up a box of Filipino cigars as destined for the US market. The scam to overcome the embargo of Cuban products is to first export the leaf to the Philippines, roll the smokes there (I suspect after attending thigh school in Havana) and then export them to the US. Pretty good result too although the only one's I have enjoyed are too large, more Texan Gobstopper than Petit Robusto, so rather wasted on me.

As for the port. It does not have that appellation traditionally until it has been barged over the bar of the Douro. It is, then. not necessary for us to also pass over the Mariannas trench in order to obtain it but it's "any port" as they say. I hope Tmac has ventilated the double bottom tank into which he was channeling his flatus, not to mention removing any rags made from his hosiery. The something that such attributes lend to the flavour of the port is certain, very, very certain indeed. I took the EL by way of a check the other day. I thought it was strange that the reading showed green until I realised that it was one of these new fangled computerised devices and was measuring the colour of the atmosphere.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan