View Single Post
Old 8th July 2021, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
I have a dark admission to make. I recently bought an electric bicycle. Ahhh I know, a huge drop from an 1100cc Suzuki. But given I'm on half a hundredweight of medication for the old prostate problem and the oncologist has told I must exercise I figured it would be a good way to comply.
Hi Bob,
Join the club! I got my left knee operated two years ago. The meniscus was chewed up, the joint was full of debris and I have a hole in the cartilage! A bit of a mess, the pain of which, I had endured for a number of years. What a relief, finally.

So, I decided to go step further and exercise. I bought my bike (Benotto RS9000) with airmiles. What a piece of kit it is! 27 gears with triggers on the handlebar, hydraulic disc brakes, dual adjustable suspension (sag and rebound). Very different to my old "hacked" bikes when I was a kid, but we were, in a way, pioneers of mountain biking - Then we moved on to trials/moto cross! (I still have a Yamaha MX400, 1976 but cannot find the invoice to be able to take it out.)

I do between 25 and 40 kilometres a week and enjoy every minute. I use an UnderArmor app called MapMyRide which works quite well, although several weeks ago it went mad and said my maximum speed was 240.8 Kph!

Keep safe to all and do as much exercise as you can!

Regards,
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SmallMy Bike 07-07-2021_.JPG (507.5 KB, 36 views)