View Single Post
Old 11th April 2023, 12:44

The Creamery makes an excellent Vintage Cheddar and I would not buy anything similar for import.

We have some independent cheesers (often goat which I don't like). We could do soft cheese with a re-equipment of or independent creamery but present projections suggest funding would be difficult. But we are not (I am told) big enough to do blue as the present producers fear any proximity to the clouds of Penecillium Roquefortii which would threaten the non-blue production.

Our cheese finds its way farther afield than the heathen bogs of Hibernia, it can be found in Canada and the USA. But we still do the flavoured and smoked cheese which, to me, is announcing to the world that that batch tasted as if it could only be improved by shoving it up a chimney or adding berries to it. Stick to the Vintage it's excellent.

(The Lama's boy will dine out on that for the rest of his days, probably vegetarian curry. The BBC reported that he had licked Cantuar's eyebrows. Had he done that to those of Ramsey he'd probably have got furballs).
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan