Thread: Windows V Linux
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2018, 19:13

The problem we have with modern technology is the rate at which something becomes outdated … in fact more that that … a sort of an ancient joke … you know … like those mass produced stuffed birds that got put into the pyramids of the Pharaohs to help them on the passage to who knows where, clearly the product quality control manager wasn't always doing his job because some of the birds were pretty bloody disconnected. (Heads fastened to @ssholes, pay was crap, union was crap … what the f*** do they expect, even back then.)

I hate throwing things away that still work, no matter how old or out dated they are. So I've still got hard drives in external docks with a capacity of 30 Mbytes …. (if nothing else you can back up your shortcuts) and they work fine. I just can't bring myself to throw them away … THEY STILL WORK FOR F***S sake.

Of course this means I've go drawers full of old bits of kit which I know will never be used again … but sod it … I refuse to skip something with a high degree of precision engineering that still works.

After I'm gone, some other poor sod will have to sort it out.