View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 06:51

My longest trip was probably last year - Kuala Lumpur - Dubai - Luanda, 5 days in Luanda then Luanda - Dubai, Dubai - Amsterdam and finally Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur. Luckily I was Business Class all the way!

Living in KL, I tend to fly a lot - even KL to Singapore is normally a flight -either back to Europe or up to Vietnam with Mrs McC. The worst part of it all is the journey back from KLIA into town. It is about an hours drive and the door-to-door journey from home in Fife to home in KL take about 24 hours and that last hour in a taxi or even the train/metro/taxi is definitely the worst part!

I don't mind the actual flying bit (and I have done my fair share of choppers as well) but the delays at airports for security, immigration etc. really get to me. No matter how hard I try and prepare I always seem to be struggling with shoes, belts, lap-tops, phones etc. at security checks! The best place for immigration/security I know of is Hanoi where the people are efficient but friendly and courteous - I almost asked one of the girls what time she finished work but thought better of it!

McC