Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 1st April 2020, 12:09
Super Moderator

Covid-19

I hope everyone is keeping safe during this very dangerous and trying time.

We are isolating - being of the age 70+. Not finding it too bad as we are fortunate and have a moderate sized garden and so able to get out and garden and as we purchased and new greenhouse before Christams - doing the Percy Thrower impressions or maybe I should use the name of one of the newer gardeners - Monty Don or his wonderful dog!
The most trying time has been getting foodstuff because of the @@@@'''''' people who cleared out the shelves. It does seem to be better as of today and we got most of what we were looking to buy - even some loo rolls!!.

We tried Tesco twice using the dedicated hour 0900-1000 for over 70's. That was a joke and most of the items were swept clean. You would have thought they would have kept some of these items back for the oldies to buy - but no. Today we went early to Asda and it was a much much better experience and we got everything but flour. Not managed to get any of that for three weeks.

Have managed to get a delivery next week from Asda but it took me a week to find a slot. They have asked the younger people to not use the system but that has not worked.

Plenty to do and many hobbies - on here and SN - My ship collection to sort and many books to read etc etc.

Anyhow keep safe everyone.

Neville