Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 1st April 2020, 13:49

And you stay safe yourself, Neville.

I am presently well supplied with friends/gardener shopping for me (for the first time ever I regret being unable to drive. I am not going to get into a car with anyone just at the moment). As a family we have a bowel health fixation. There was never any chance of a bogroll shortage. My gardening couple who are tenants and live virtually on site are occupying their time to great effect. When I gave up mowing the lawn last year they had trouble keeping on top of everything else as they both have or had proper jobs as well. One remains in work as airport bunker bargee I suspect his wife has been laid off as she ran a bingo parlour (if that is the right designation, perhaps 'den'?). I have a game of GO on-line (using Pandanet) with a friend in London before he goes to walk the dog and between us we are plotting on-line chess (lichess) anyone wanting to join you will recognise my user name easily enough.

Only additional stress has been two sick pussycats and the restrictions at the vet's now, I hope over it.

Quite enough garden to enjoy sadly without the croquet that we would be playing frequently in to the circumstance. Obviously Friday Lunch club is off as is the round of dining at one another's, also a frequent enjoyment. We are puzzled as to how one of our number will get on. He does not cook. I do not mean that he is not a good cook but he normally has every meal 'out'. When altering his flat he had the kitchen made smaller and would have had it taken out were that not to have made the property less valuable. I fear he will be losing weight but, then, he has some to lose (as have I, of course).

If I can give a tip. Don't Dettolate the milk cartons with bleach. It does bad things to the seams that hold ours together.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 1st April 2020 at 16:53.