View Single Post
Old 24th August 2020, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makko View Post
For "Bling" Mobiles or "Pimp my Ride", once, when visiting my sister-in-law in Philadelphia, she had to go somewhere on a weekend and arranged for me to borrow, from the Consulate, a pool car. It had been confiscated from a "drug lord". All chrome was gold plated and it was armoured. Additionally, it had diplomatic plates and couldn't get ticketed, as long as I didn't get out of the vehicle. Boy, did I draw a crowd and funny looks when I went IHOP on Saturday morning for breakfast! I think it was an 80's Le Baron, not the tops in the look stakes standard when new!
Rgds.
Dave
When all the other manufacturers were rapidly "down sizing" their cars in the 1970's and '80's, Chrysler were still advertising their "Beautiful New Yorker, it's the talk of the Town." They hired Jack Jones to sing in the TV commercials. The car was huge, dating from when Chrysler competed with Cadillac and Lincoln to put the biggest barge onto the roads!

A breakfast stack with Maple Syrup at the IHOP. Memories!