Thread: Australian Open
View Single Post
Old 16th January 2022, 15:00

I have to say that there seems nothing reported by the media that strikes me as being of 'substance'. Human and natural disasters being perhaps the exceptions.

Those who presumably left school early to be good at games have not only their own media slots but their comings and goings help fill the proper news alongside some inconsequential (but admittedly grossly insensitive) unparty-going around Downing street and the goings on of foreign tarts mining/continuing to mine what they hope is a rich seam of gold. An opposition who scream 'resign' at every misdemeanor of the government has not been news since Cromwell invoked his God to the same ends. What is going on now is akin to firing capable if unpleasant pilot for farting on the bridge.

Did their electorates think Johnson or Trump were the perfectly mannered discrete gentlemen the world now pretends it expected of them? If they did then they must simply consider making their beds in which they will be more comfortable to recline next time.

What the media will do when the pandemic eases is another guess to be had. I have a small bet they will switch from wishing the health service to be overwhelmed (as they have been since hearing the word two years ago) to complaining that they are failing because of bad management and lack of funds as they used to.

I note disgusted of Tunbridge Wells has stopped writing to the Times. There is just so much the yeoman curmudgeon can take and as a worthy member of that demographic I think we have just about taken it.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan