View Single Post
Old 27th December 2021, 10:53

Bad news from the antipodes indeed. I don't really care what goes on an early Easter bun but trust they would only put Marmite on crumpets.

Much as I know I should cast off the Protestant ethic of no pain no gain M&S would be a severe cheat. 24-y Make white loaf for bread sauce. 24-x cook ham (uncovid years also have small table for those not Christmas dining for hot). 24-2 pick up salmon from smokers. 24th de-leg, de-salmonella and dress the turkey (cook legs for cats). Peel veg. Par-boil roots and potatoes. Lay table. Watch Carols from Kings (why not 1630z this year?). 25th apply galley range to above comestibles in appropriate order plus make and apply bread sauce potion. Adding pudding at dinner 1800z. Make brandy cream. 2000z Serve salmon. 2015z thrust main event before guests. 2045 apply culinary napalm to pudding (extinguish blaze in galley before ceremonial presentation). Follow with cheese. Retire to lounge for port. 26th Commence washing up. Make curry sauce. 27th Continue much the same until no more loads for washing-up machine. Cut-up all remains of feast and steep in curry potion.

When M'Lady insisted on feeding family and waifs&strays I was happy enough to just provide the bread sauce but she has re-sized and now only has a kitchen diner. Whilst this is quite large enough to feed 12 it is, when all is said and done, eating in the kitchen like staff. And I will not be treated like a servant, even if dining with the gentry.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 27th December 2021 at 13:34.