View Single Post
Old 19th June 2017, 22:35

Weather, specifically pressure.

I find most of the weather forecasts on TV in UK are not very good. Because of the needs of farming, and previously of shipping, I have always taken an interest in the weather, isobars seem to have gone from the current forecasts, presumably because we are all too thick to understand them.

I have just been lucky enough to buy a Barograph and today I plastered on it's first chart with me. It was bought from the local saleroom at an antiques auction, and looking at it closely it has had some incidents in life. The main mechanism is fastened to the base with 4 slot headed bolt/screws, with a high finish to them. Three of them are fine, the heads are horizontal, the fourth is inserted at an angle, and there is a long jagged scratch from it across the base. I am very happy with it, I shall see how it goes, it seems it can be repaired, the stacks of aneroid capsules can be fixed and the clockwork can be repaired.

I have just looked at the headings for forums on here, the very bottom one links to a very interesting site, I have it down for a good looking at.