View Single Post
Old 19th June 2017, 22:52

I'm also interested in weather and although a barometer sits above the tide clock in my hall, there's no doubt a barograph is even better, giving that time dimension as well. I've got an electronic one that gives a 24 hour graph, but the fact is it's a bit naff.

I agree with the weather forecasts being dumbed down with respect to pressure charts, although some occasionally delve into the science of it, unfortunately not enough. The BBC Weather site gives a simplified pressure chart and also a prognosis over five days which I find interesting to record and see how accurate they are. I'd have to say they're much better at it than they used to be.

We all ponder/talk/discuss/complain (you can't delete any of these, because they all apply ) about the weather, it's a national pastime. Comes of living on an island with a volatile weather situation. Living in Cornwall I sometimes describe the weather as being generated in a 3000 mile wide engine just to the west that keeps being emptied onto us.

PS ... the last couple of days have been real burners, I've got every ceiling fan running in the house, it's a wonder it hasn't taken off .....