View Single Post
Old 13th January 2023, 01:26

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine Serang View Post
That YM should find this trip an abuse of power for personal 'benefit/gain' and unprofessional to say the least puts him on a collision course with me and the vast majority of fellow posters. Admirals today can be focused entirely on their career and it is refreshing to find one who is a bit of a Card, a swashbuckler and an old romantic.
I don't suppose any of YM's railway mates ever entertained ladies on the Footplate especially on the long haul to Perth. YM do tell.
Well ES it looks like we must agree to disagree on this matter (and I am unanimous in that).
To me, this bloke misused his position for personal benefit. No doubt the taxpayer paid for her meals whilst on the submarine.
It's not a good look or example and I would hope that the remainder of defence and government is more professional. (Ha bloody ha) !!!!
There was, many years ago, a time when I believed that females and rolling stock didn't mix but I have mellowed since then.
As for the extraneous railway activities you mention I, like Sergeant Schultz, 'know nothing ........'.

Last edited by YM-Mundrabilla; 13th January 2023 at 01:28.