View Single Post
Old 26th February 2022, 02:32

ALL vessels are in quarantine whilst here, no shore leave. Tonga Defence Force and Police staffing road blocks during lockdown hours, I think they are 1800 hrs - 0600 hrs. don't go out myself at night, frightened the bogey man will get me. Not even the churches operate. Don't see any ginger or blue suits about town so they must be confined to ship. Good bronzy weather though but without power it must be hot inboard. I hope those landing craft are taking tham plenty of fresh fruit, not a lot of fresh veggies about, they took a pounding from the ash rain, Regarding the "ash". I would describe it as grit, the stuff they used to put on UK icy roads, it's black, more course and heavier than sand. Supposed to be good for the garden. I seem to have two banana trees surviving, fortunately the mango and avocado season for me had finished a couple of days prior to the eruption, I have one of each tree, I did lose my grape plant and my three citrus trees which had young fruit but leaves are now sprouting so I will have to wait until next year.