View Single Post
Old 4th September 2021, 18:27

One who anoraks along the same lines as myself.

A Seiko QC 6MS ticks GMT in my play room with a Radio Room dial GMT repeater in the Kitchen with some Ship's time repeaters too. A Citizen TXS-56 with Ships time repeaters operational but awaits erection somewhere inconspicuous WRT my Sister-in-law. Three electrically reset gravity escapement timepieces all keeping GMT with one further to erect and put to work. If I wear a watch it will be one of three pocket watches each of a different level of posh to suit the suit. I also have my eye's open for a proper chronometer all I have is a Kelvin Hughes quartz job.

Recently I have noted a number of interesting Meggers and my collection of these is growing. A couple of AVO's (de rigeuer of course) and one or two nuclear radiation detectors add to the mix. The collection in my black museum is, of course, static as I am no longer allowed to play with ships.

This is rounded up with a working set of Evershed and Vignoles military engineroom telegraphs - needs tarting up - and two engine room 'ends' of a later model (will work as a pair but not kosher).

The above, of course, precludes a wife but it may surprise you to know I do have some friends. I fear keeping to solar time accurate to 4.3.0 W might stretch those bonds of friendship further than I have already stretched them by my habit of keeping to GMT (we are some 16 minutes later) when they are keeping BST.

Think how much more there could be to mark the development of your nascent eccentricity by the time you are 70 (an anniversary I passed earlier this year).
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 4th September 2021 at 18:40.