Thread: Phone scam
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 14:33

Come, come E-S. They are not all rogues or hail one with 'hey, mate' (perhaps that is a privilege reserved for the Sergeantcy). 'If'. If one is certain they are thugs and the hiding is a properly delivered sentence then who could argue but Skerries got some money back - that is, indeed, style. But perhaps with E-S I would have liked them to lose a hand or, better, the ability to breed. Do the camel appreciating tribes take a hand for this sort of theft I wonder. Not all that is Sharia is bad (it would have to be a debit card of course).

(Banks guaranteeing the return of certain scammed amounts is merely marketing - the scammers still get to keep the ill gotten gains).

Twice this week I have been asked for card details over the telephone . I refuse and do my best to explain that to do so puts the receiver in the frame should any fraud associated with my card occur. I hope they do not think that I am impugning their honesty but I count this sort of transaction as elementary stupidity - when I 'did' Facebook I was daily horrified by the number of people posting (sometimes full) details of found cards. Might as well post a sign in M&S window "Here I am, if you've been defrauded interim it could be me". This I class as more advanced stupidity.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan