Thread: Hi Shipmates
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2018, 17:49

Talking

[QUOTE=IJC 38;15653]Forsooth, oddboddikins davey boy, ye have seen such light shining held by a maiden in the distance in a land far north of Hadrian's wall. Haste ye up the gangway and regale us with tales of yore, welcome aboard. [/QUOTE

Well wipe me down with a damp copy of Sea Breezes and call me Susan,I have found myself rescued from a virtual ,vitriolic , vengeful vassal of a vessel by this rescue ship,to whit no less ,upon scrambling aboard only to find quite a goodly few of my ' old clinging on like barnacles ' shipmates to boot !

No longer will I gloomfully be condemned to sit alone in a hot cast- adrift ,totally unmanageable craft, now where's that sea anchor?, reeking of Dunlop rubber, drifting in and out of consciousness contemplating on the utter unfairness and sheer malice and pigheadedness of other ship's crews,whilst reliving in my cranium distant long-passed and much-missed conversation,both seriously nautical and the light-hearted banter.

So to all those here,and especially from the old s.s. Hesperus ,lost somewhere between Britain and Australia. I thank thee for thy welcome,especially the fair maid of Fife ,and all I can say to her is Thank You, Fife 4,Forfar 5 as they say,or for the railway buffs,and there are quite a few you know, is that the 4.54 fast to Fife,or the 5.54 freight from Forfar?

Oh ! And well done England ! 2-0 ! just now.It's coming home you know.

Davey Gulliver