Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2018, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Hi IJC
I got I googled "British Trawler Swanland" and got up a site that beside the history of Swanland had many trawlers on it, don't know if you have looked at it many old trawlers there.
Tugger

Hi Tugger

Thanks for that. I have googled the trawler 'Swanland' on many occasions, but the only one that keeps coming up is the stern trawler built in 1960's, the one I was on was a Sidewinder built in 1914. I did contact many sources in Hull who have thousands of photos in their archives but no one came up with H402. Some months later my brother who still lives in the area sent me a photo which he saw in a boot sale, of some trawlers in St Andrews Dock Hull, taken many moons ago and there nestling amongst some modern larger trawlers was a tall white blacked topped funnel with the signal letters H402 painted on it, but no full photo. But as they say 'owts betta than nowt' Hadn't realised she was such a tiddler, but then again I was only a tiddler (13) myself and at that age everything looks big. Again thanks for your efforts it is appreciated