View Single Post
Old 13th November 2022, 14:20

There was a young lady called Coleshill
Who inadvertently sat on a mole's hill
The resident mole put its head up the hole
Miss Coleshill's all right but the mole's ill

Whilst we remain solvent Westminster can affect any duty or VAT (when we are not taking advantage of a sleeping UK chancellor those in the customs union share all VAT and customs duty equally by head of population) those of us fortunate enough to have our own share capital or pensions supported by UK investments have the profits from those shared with the UK taking 19 % corporation tax - for which, I think, there is no longer relief for those outside the UK. Another change which is to our advantage is that pensions earned while domiciled in the UK are no longer taxed in the UK. The Uk beneficiary would be additionally disadvantaged by capital gains tax which we are not.

We did artificially increase the hardness of our water supply (whether the whole Island or not I don't know). This was done to limit the uptake of piping lead into the naturally 'soft' supply.

I doubt your chemical analysis. I'm sure an environment comprising 21% being Bob's laughing gas would need enrichment in order to support life.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan