View Single Post
Old 11th June 2020, 18:00

Thanks for the extra info Dave. Did you think of making a diorama of the Me109? With the bent prop you could have finished it as Oberleutnant Franz von Werra's plane that crashed near Marden, Kent in 1940. There are some well known images on the net, and Hannant's must still have some decals for his scheme! Even Airfix recently had this plane in 1:72 and 1:48 scales in von Werra's markings.

I remember building planes years ago without swastikas, Revell used to supply extra crosses for the fins in some kits. It's still a contentious subject, but historical accuracy is necessary I think.

This lockdown has given me the opportunity to get back to some kit bashing, and I'm nearly at the end of a project that has been hanging around for a few years. When it's complete I'll post some images. It's a Hawker Typhoon with the car door type cockpit in 1:48. Should be ready by the weekend.