View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 14:15

Thanks David, sounds familiar to me - oh for the engineers tales of woe during trials! I am however quite surprised to hear that Kongsbergs approach to Config Control on that project was so lax during the crucial V&V stages (sea trials), I noted when working with them on Norwegian GBAD and the 'Army Gateway' projects that Config control was one of their strong-points - almost to the point od obsession, this however may have been due to the customer being the Norwegian Defence Procurement Department (NDPD) - who had crafted many system requirements covering Configuration Control of the system throughout at different stages of its life-cycle into the 'Spec', most of them falling on the supplier.
I have some equally hair raising tales of other 'Euro' suppliers total and blissful ignorance of the vital importance of good config control when trying to verify the systems performance under 'locked down' test conditions.

Nicholas Monsarrat