View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony allen View Post
kev .we never learn .I can have the odd beer now and then .but last week chatting to my son whilst in my bed ,had a jack daniels with him and then a couple more ...big mistake but I did not refuse them .he said what the hell dad enjoy them while you can which I did .but the next 2 days I was knocked out.I had been warned by my cardiac team the a LITTLE on was ok now and then ...never again more than one .he was as bad the next day as well cos his were four fingers at a time.cheers
Good on yer though Tony, I'm shortly entering a period of life where adjustments will need to be made as first grandchild is on the way. Mum and Dad both live with us so life will become busy. I want to be an active Grandad and play a physical part in the young ones upbringing. I guess that means the days of lock ins in the local until stupid o'clock in the morning are numbered. Truth be told waking this morning with a clear head getting ready for a good hike I don't really mind. Maybe it is time to slow down a bit.