View Single Post
Old 7th July 2021, 13:06

Mine was for passing blood. After some years of trying to annoy a kidney cysts with ultrasound it was decided that I was 'one of them' (to clarify, in this regard anyway, "one of them that 'just do pass blood' ". It is the statement of one of the ultrasonarist that I have put up in lights - "almost normal". Wrong, of course, but worth the certificate).

(I am listening to IMarEST presentation on, this morning, equality in shipping. I employed a number of newly qualified E/Os (ETO, R/O, whatever) based on them having some adequate and tested learning and who wanted to thejob we had on offer. One of them happened to be a young lady (not, without some procrastination elsewhere). I also did not deny existing R/Os who wanted a go. In this group was an Indian man who was posted to a cross channel vessel.

I say this in order to establish my credentials as not prejudiced - not in deed, anyway. I observe that the industry seems to act as if establishing a seagoing enfranchisement for women necessarily means limiting the enfranchisement of men.

Anyway. Back to central heating. Having had two enormous bills for treework this year already (please Faraday no more for a bit) consequentially I have tons of wood for fuel and intend to warm myself with that without the aid of pharmacology. I do keep some of mother's wardrobe and such a chemical eventuality would at least give me the excuse to wear it other than in the privacy of my cellar.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan