View Single Post
Old 7th July 2021, 12:02

Happily I haven't had one of those examinations. They caught it with a blood test and a high PSA count. Last summer I weighed about 13½ stone and by January I was under 9 stone. As you had to contact the Quack by telephone during the lockdown they initially misdiagnosed me with a gastro problem but pulled me in for a blood test and which revealed a PSA count of 1743. After that I got CT scanned then nuke scanned and then put on hormones both tablets and injections until further notice.

Weight now back up to 11½ stone and PSA count to 2 so things are looking up. Apparently those 'Billy Connolly' type examinations are a bit old hat now or so I'm told.

These bloody hormones have side effects, ... hot flushes (at least it saves on the central heating. )

Also I've learned something about blood pressure (Oncologist told me to keep an eye on it, so bought a monitor, do it twice a day but no observable mis-behaviour so far) and Excel spreadsheets (which after much experimentation I managed to adapt a downloaded table with graphs and such to how I wanted it.)

Old farts disease, but you still keep on learning stuff.