View Single Post
Old 21st March 2021, 19:47

HP Photosmart Prem C310

To produce hard copies of documents, I scan and save the pages as jpeg files. Then I open the saved files and print them. I have done that for years using other printer/scanners and my current HP Photosmart Prem C310 machine (now getting on a bit but still producing excellent print output).

Today I found that I am not longer able to scan and then print the scanned jpeg files. I can open the saved files and read them on screen but cannot print them. All that prints is any faint line corresponding to the edges of the page (top, bottom and sides), the headers and a few cms of text down from the top of the page. The remainder of the text is ignored.

I tried printing directly from the scan and also by opening the scan in Windows Photo Manager but got the same results by both routes.

However I found that if I insert the files into a MS Word document I can see them and print the whole page perfectly (although the text is slightly size-reduced by having to fit a full A4 sheet within the margins of a Word page). Other jpeg documents print perfectly but these newly-scanned pages will not.

Since I can view the scanned file on screen, the C310 must be scanning the full document. Since I can print the same information incorporated in a .doc file the printer must be printing the whole file and the PC must be transferring the entire data content of the .jpg file into Word to create the .doc file. Why will the entire .jpg file not print?

I have also found another .jpg file (attached) that will only print part way down the text - even though the entire page can be viewed on screen. The printed copy only goes down as far as the line "And sentences should not begin with a preposition". This file was not scanned in by means of the C310 but sent to me as an email attachment.

Any explanations gratefully received.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Punctuation.jpg (155.7 KB, 10 views)

__________________________________________________ _________________________
Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.

Last edited by Ron Stringer; 21st March 2021 at 19:52.