View Single Post
Old 11th August 2019, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
Thatcher and her 'lame duck' philosophy with no thought whatsoever for the well being and strategical situation of the country. Once these things and skills are lost, you can't just open a cupboard and re-instate them.

The 'service' economy was all that mattered which means people will flip burgers or work in a retail park. Nothing wrong with this work, but for a country of 60 million that has to import fuel/food/and now trains/ships/know how this will sooner or later lead us to the down side of Mr Micawber's principle, if it hasn't already.
Bob,

I completely agree. As I said in a previous post, I went back to the UK in 2001 to take a decent position, with an agreement to serve at least five years. After that was over (2006), there was nothing there for me and nothing on a decent, make that comparable to expat, wage and conditions. It was good bye Blighty and I have never looked back since then.

Sad, but that is reality. I could go on about the deterioration of other things in the UK but won't.

Best Regards,
Dave